What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Danny Kaye's The Inpector General" Remastered Edition by Film Detective, Better? (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
One of my favorite Danny Kaye is The Inspector General. Fun and fast moving like most of Danny's Films, A wonderful casy and really in need of a remastering. I saw this edition on Film Detective and wondered if anyone has a copy of this and if it is better than what is out here today? the DVDS that I have in my collection was jjust dropped on to a DVD without any real love or attention done to the film elements. Very muddy and dark and sadly effected the overall enjoyment of this classic film. Anyone have any updated info? I'd love to see a better edition, hoping this edition is better. in the discription on the Foilm Detective website, there is no data on what exactly was done to the film and audio elements to bring this feature was restored? I'd appreciate any info or updates, Thanks

Attachments

• 889290005304.jpg
    889290005304.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 78

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
You can sample and even watch, fully, TheFilmDetective DVD releases (with commercials), at TheFilmDetective.TV or their YouTube channel.

YouTube: "The Inspector General" TheFimDetective

Thanks Bob, it seems to look better than the earlier releases, this still seems to be a perfect canidate for a real upgrade. Paramount did a wonderful transfer to BR with another of my favorite Kaye Classics The Court Jester, I'm still hoping that they or someone will do the same for the Inspector General, fingers crossed!!!

Attachments

• lFpXwKCwuOeFb0GqqcicLsilJlc.jpg
    lFpXwKCwuOeFb0GqqcicLsilJlc.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 84

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks Bob, it seems to look better than the earlier releases, this still seems to be a perfect canidate for a real upgrade. Paramount did a wonderful transfer to BR with another of my favorite Kaye Classics The Court Jester, I'm still hoping that they or someone will do the same for the Inspector General, fingers crossed!!!
Will Warner's ever visit this title?

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Is the Film Detective DVD better than the Roan Group and Shout Factory releases? I was originally going to go with the Shout Factory DVD since they usually put out quality releases but I keep seeing conflicting reviews on rather the Roan Group, Shout Factory, Or Film Detective has the best version on DVD.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I originally bought one of those $1 bin versions, and went with the Film Masters version. It seems to be the best edition, however I don't think they really had access to the best elelments, if they exsist? That's the problem with so many titles, wanting to restore the film, but having access to the best film and sound elements can be an issue.
I personaly think the Inspector General is one of his best, along with the Court Jester and the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Paramount did a wonderful job with The Court Jester, maybe they can do the same with The Inspector General?? So many older titles are seen of little value to many of the studios that are more attentive to all of there new product.

These is a glimmer of hope though. I did notice that among the parade of scenes being shown in some of the Film Master (used to be Film Detective) promos were a few shots from The Inspector General so they may be teasing us with them to see who speaks up and asks? It's worth the shot...here is the contact page,

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I originally bought one of those $1 bin versions, and went with the Film Masters version. It seems to be the best edition, however I don't think they really had access to the best elelments, if they exsist? That's the problem with so many titles, wanting to restore the film, but having access to the best film and sound elements can be an issue.
I personaly think the Inspector General is one of his best, along with the Court Jester and the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Paramount did a wonderful job with The Court Jester, maybe they can do the same with The Inspector General?? So many older titles are seen of little value to many of the studios that are more attentive to all of there new product.

These is a glimmer of hope though. I did notice that among the parade of scenes being shown in some of the Film Master (used to be Film Detective) promos were a few shots from The Inspector General so they may be teasing us with them to see who speaks up and asks? It's worth the shot...here is the contact page,
Ya I agree, This movie deserves a blu-ray restoration! hopefully one will happen eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks