What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Day Of The Triffids (1963) (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I think it's a great sci-fi classic. It's one of my most wanted titles on Blu-ray as all the DVDs are yucky. I have the CheezyFlicks non-anamorphic DVD. It is a real shame that this has yet to get a decent DVD or Blu-ray release. I really hope some label will license it!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I think it's a great sci-fi classic. It's one of my most wanted titles on Blu-ray as all the DVDs are yucky. I have the CheezyFlicks non-anamorphic DVD. It is a real shame that this has yet to get a decent DVD or Blu-ray release. I really hope some label will license it!
This one remastered on BR would be one of those rare day-of-release purchases for me.

mackjay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Has anyone ever read the original story by John Wyndham?
I've read the Wyndham novel a couple of times and it's a major work of science-fiction, well worth anyone's time. Wyndham was a very inventive writer who knew how to tell a great story.

I saw the 1963 film when it was released in the US, loved and saw it again a few times. It differs quite a bit from the novel. The 1981 BBC version is the best way to go as far as faithfulness to the novel.
The 2009 min-series I've seen, but mostly forgotten.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale