What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dear Mill Creek... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You have released a lot of second-tier Columbia/Tri Star titles from Sony, and most look very good. I am hoping you might have access to the following, which are (mostly) not major releases but are much better films than, say, NIGHTWING:

AVALON
BEDFORD INCIDENT, THE
BEYOND RANGOON
CHAPLIN
FRESHMAN, THE (1990)
GETTING STRAIGHT
GIANT CLAW, THE
MUTATIONS, THE
KILL THE UMPIRE
LORD JIM
MOUSE THAT ROARED, THE
NICKELODEON
REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT
SILVER CITY
LOOK WHO'S TALKING
LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA, THE
THUNDERHEART

If you're reading this post, many thanks in advance for any consideration.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
You have released a lot of second-tier Columbia/Tri Star titles from Sony, and most look very good. I am hoping you might have access to the following, which are (mostly) not major releases but are much better films than, say, NIGHTWING:

AVALON
BEDFORD INCIDENT, THE
BEYOND RANGOON
CHAPLIN
FRESHMAN, THE (1990)
GETTING STRAIGHT
GIANT CLAW, THE
MUTATIONS, THE
KILL THE UMPIRE
LORD JIM
MOUSE THAT ROARED, THE
NICKELODEON
REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT
SILVER CITY
LOOK WHO'S TALKING
LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA, THE
THUNDERHEART

I agree on all of those. It would be nice to see some of the "exploitation films" as well.
I'm talking about Blu-ray discs here.
Such as:
Safe At Home ( Mantle and Maris )
Stop look And laugh ( Three Stooges )
Don't Knock The Twist / Twist Around The Clock ( Chubby Checker )
Rock Around The Clock/ Don't Knock The Rock ( Bill Haley And The Comets )
Thirty Foot Bride Of Candy Rock (Lou Costello)
The other Sam Katzman films
etc .

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Well, Mill Creek has just released its second Sony 3D title in 2D -- 1953's Stranger Wore a Gun (they earlier released 1983's Spacehunter in 2D-only as well). This isn't Mill Creek's fault; they release what Sony gives them and Sony didn't give them 3D masters.

That said, it's both Sony and Mill Creek's lost opportunity. 3D-equipped consumers would have bought both en masse. As it is, Spacehunter hasn't sold and neither will Stranger. In both cases, they should not have even bothered with a 2D-only release.

No 3D, no sale.

LCD22

Screenwriter

FRESHMAN, THE (1990)

I've been asking for this one for years! Mill Creek has only included The Freshman in two 4-film DVD packs. Would it kill them to put this on Blu-ray in 1.85:1 by itself?

Thank you for putting this title out there.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
still waiting for Neighbors in that funky vhs packaging. I ordered that sucker 12/22! lol I think they sold more than they thought and that's a great thing. dying to see it again even though I just watched it in sept or Oct, cant' remember.

Could not agree more with the lack of 3D on Spacehunter. Didn't touch it for that reason will stick to DVD until.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'd love to see The Mouse That Roared. I could actually see Criterion releasing that one. They could throw in the sequel as a bonus.
The Mouse That Roared Is such a classic , that a full Criterion treatment would be very appropriate. There' s also the sequel Mouse On The Moon, which is also good , but not quite the classic that Mouse That Roared is. Hopefully , Mill Creek could release that one on on Blu-ray .

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I just noticed that Mill Creek has Marlon Brando's THE UGLY AMERICAN set for Blu-ray release in August. Could they also have a deal with Universal along with their Sony deal?

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
How about "The Petty Girl" and "The Barefoot Mailman". Those were both Columbia releases from the early 50s and both featuring Robert Cummings.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I just noticed that Mill Creek has Marlon Brando's THE UGLY AMERICAN set for Blu-ray release in August. Could they also have a deal with Universal along with their Sony deal?

I was wondering the same. That said, Universally previously released it in a Brando DVD box set (which I have), so this may be another case where Universal licenses movies that already have seen a DVD or at least VHS release. I wouldn't hold my breath for rarities and pleasant surprises.

But hope springs eternal...

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden

I would have to assume that they do, since they did put out a Blu-ray of Barb Wire not too long ago in addition to a Blu-ray set of the Miami Vice TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks