What's new

ER: Death City (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I don't care if you hate ER, think it's goin downhill, or what have you, I thought tonight's episode was awesome....very entertaining. I liked when Carter got nailed in the crotch. Speakin of anatomical humor, I liked how Carter was left with the chart with the stiches removal on a guy's scrotum! The delivery of his lines were great. Is it just me, or was everyone dying or goin into shock tonight!? crazy stuff....The previews for Novemeber have got me overly pumped; I can't wait.
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

[Edited last by Chuck C on October 25, 2001 at 11:09 PM]

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Definitely Death Time in the ER. I had expected the girl with the ectopic pregnancy to kick the can as well, showing up later in an ambulance with internal bleeding.
It wasn't the best episode, I needed a little more character development within the stories.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,
I'm not sure who was in the ambulance with internal bleeding but it wasn't the girl with the ectopic pregnancy. She walked in along with Dr. Lewis saying that she said she'd be back at 9:00 and that it was difficult to sneak out. She then went with Abby.
FYI
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The preview for November's episodes were great. A thing I noticed using my TIVO and freeze frame function...
Spoiler:During the preview when Weaver shouts out "Don't touch him!" it looks like Benton is the one who is jumping. Maybe Benton will be leaving sooner than later?
Tonight's episode was good, one of the better episodes of the season. You gotta love Carter, always getting injured on the job. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You gotta love Emergency Medicine. I'm a Pre-Med at U.K. and this is what I want to do. As a volunteer at the University of Kentucky Hospital in the Emergency Department, I've already learned the #1 most important thing about ED you won't learn in any medical school textbook: ER nurses take shit from no one.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

David Yon

Agent
Maybe it was just us, but my wife and I were cringing through the whole episode. The acting was flat, the timing was way off, and the writing was noticably ham-fisted. The majority of the scenes looked like they were rehearsal takes that needed a few more tries to gell. It was one of the most poorly executed episodes in recent memory.
So I'm trying to figure out what's up. A different director? Cast churn causing teamwork to falter? Or perhaps this episode was filmed shortly after 9/11 which made everyone lose their rhythm and focus?
Theories anyone?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Last night was minor "ER". Seems the main purpose was to re-establish Dr. Lewis in the ER, reacquaint us with her style & set up her relationships with the rest of the staff.
The one thing I noticed is that Ming-Na's name is still in the credits, while Malucci (can't remember the actor's name) is gone. Lends credence to the rumors than Dr. Chen will return later in the season.
Also, everyone assumed that Carter & Abby would get together, and that Lewis would be causing problems for Greene & Corday's marriage. Hah! Now looks like they're putting Carter & Lewis together again (I believe they had a minor flirtation early in the series?). Didn't see that one coming (neither did Abby, apparently).
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jim_C, I realized the girl with the ectopic pregnancy came back to the ER under her won power, I was just expecting her to show up via an ambulance given the motif of last night's show. Everybody was definitely dying in the ER last night.
Did anyone feel sorry for Kerrie when she called the number for her possible birth mom that the PI gave her? I didn't.
Last night's show was strange in that a lot happened, but I didn't care for a lot that happened in the show. Does that make sense?
I'm not too crazy about a Carter/Lewis romance either. I really want Carter to end up with Abby. They click. I felt Carter's pain when he got shocked in the nuts, his expression was priceless. :) Did anyone noticed that the young doc-to-be who did the shocking was Henry from Gilmore Girls (Lane's "boyfriend")?
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Last week's episode was better.
For those getting excited by the promos, what the heck happened to the "search for a missing child" (Reese) that they made a big deal about in the promos. What a crock; the promos always oversell. Of course, I've known this for a long time -- NBC is particular bad -- but it still chaps my hide.
//Ken

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I hate NBC's promos. They are AWFUL.
"And you'll never believe the ending." Gee, you know the twist might be more effective WHEN I DO NOT KNOW IT'S COMING.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Jim_C, I realized the girl with the ectopic pregnancy came back to the ER under her won power, I was just expecting her to show up via an ambulance given the motif of last night's show. Everybody was definitely dying in the ER last night.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I thought Karie Weaver was cooling off a little the last couple seasons, but man! She's been very nasty this season. Then you gotchyer Dr. Romano who you love to hate. Benton and the guy behind the counter are remorseful characters too, and Dr. Green and Abby have their bitchy moments. Where are all the good guys?!
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks