What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

FATHER KNOWS BEST: SEASON 5 - Coming this Fall. (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Per Brian Ward answering a question I had asked about when we might see the next FKB Season set. He said, and I quote, "Look for S5 sometime this Fall."

Yippie!!! As I've said before, at this point Shout Factory is the undisputed King of Classic TV on DVD in my book.

Gary "looks like Shout is going to get all 6 seasons done" O.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I second your Yippee!!!

One thing I don't understand (among millions) is why it is that companies like Shout are so much better at continuing (or even completing) series, when the major companies like Paramount can't get a show as successful as "The Beverly Hillbillies" past Season 3. There's got to be an explanation, but I can only guess.

My greatest wish for TV on DVD is that more classic shows were licensed to Shout.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

I second your Yippee!!!

One thing I don't understand (among millions) is why it is that companies like Shout are so much better at continuing (or even completing) series, when the major companies like Paramount can't get a show as successful as "The Beverly Hillbillies" past Season 3. There's got to be an explanation, but I can only guess.

My greatest wish for TV on DVD is that more classic shows were licensed to Shout.
Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Shout pays to license all this stuff, and whether they release it or not, they've already paid for it, right?

So, they might as well pump it out and try to make a little of their money back (if possible) as opposed to letting it sit unreleased until the license is up. I would guess this is why the Shout Select online exclusive program was born.

Paramount, OTOH, owns their material outright. They don't spend anything to license it, and if they don't release it, they haven't spent anything to let it sit in the vaults, and they're not losing any money by not releasing it.

And, nice to see FKB nearing completion. It was a rough start, but they've done a great job on the series with S2 And beyond.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Gary, thank you so much for sharing this info with us. I'm thrilled that we will have Season 5 before year's end. I thought it might be a longer wait. I'm glad to see they are moving full speed ahead. I hope the coverart is a new picture this time around. Can't wait!!!!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
This is good news. Shout has turned it around on FKB after Season 1 and I hope that trend continues with the Season 5 release. It looks like we are going to get through this entire series.

dooscoop32

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Brooks
My guess would be that as the seasons continue, fewer people buy each one and so the company producing them throws the towel in caring less about the people left who would like to have all of the seasons of that show. It's all about the almighty dollar.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by dooscoop32 [/b]

Brian Ward has always been upfront with me when I've asked him questions on the Shout board, so unless you work for Shout and can tell us definitively that the Father Knows Best series has been canned by them, I think you'd be better off waiting for another update from either Dave & Gord at TVShowsonDVD.com or from me or someone else who corresponds with Mr. Ward. There's no need to be so pessimistic at this early date, imho. If we get to October and still have no word about a Season 5 then it will be time to get worried. Until then my advice is to be a bit more optimistic.

Gary "I expect to get an update from Brian within the next week or two" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Gary, I believe dooscoop was answering my old question as to why companies like Shout can finish series when the big companies like Paramount abandon them after only one, two or three seasons. I don't believe he was referring to FATHER KNOWS BEST at all.

Joe "it was all a misunderstanding" L.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Yeah, I don't think he was talking about this series.

Worst case now that season 5 is all but confirmed I would think is if it sells poorly, season 6 gets moved to the Shout Select program. It's already paid for so there's little reason to expect we won't get it one way or another.

I'd be shocked if they did, but I hope they revist season 1 down the road and do it properly.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
OK then, my mistake. I apologize to Mr. Brooks.

Gary "that's what I get for not reading further back in the thread" O.

dooscoop32

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Brooks
[SIZE= 12px]Thanks, guys, for taking Gary OS to task for not understanding my point (just kidding, Gary.........honest!). And you guys are correct that I was only referring to those companies who fail to finish a series on DVD. I definitely was not referring to Shout Factory. I am thrilled with them over what they have provided us with so far. Some of you are probably like me but I have bought so many bootleg FKB sets that were less than acceptable quality. And I spent a small fortune buying them too. Heck, one guy even ripped me off for $100 for a complete set and sent me nothing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]So, yes, I am so happy that it appears I will be able to complete my FKB set this time. Thankfully![/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks