What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Finally upgraded my camera strap (2 Viewers)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I came across this post of mine from 2018 as I was about to discuss my latest purchase, a Peak Design Capture ver 3. As I was trying out the Capture, I started looking at Peak Design's straps, as they look like they would work better with it than my current Black Rapid shoulder straps. I didn't remember buying the Peak Design Slide six years ago, even after seeing on Amazon that I had bought it in 2018! You know what they say, the memory is the 2nd thing to go -- I forget what the first thing is. :laugh:

Anyway, I bought the Capture as a replacement for my current Black Widow Spider Holster, which works great, but only with a small camera + small lens. I want to be able to use such a device to carry something larger, and the Capture (along with the Pro Pad) looks like it will do the trick. However, it only works with a Peak Design tripod plate, and not with the Black Rapid plate I currently use along with a BR strap on my Canon R6 Mark II (or with the other 3rd party plates I have). So, since I already have the Peak Design Slide, I am going to try their strap solution for awhile. I also ordered a Peak Design Cuff to replace the two cheap wrist straps I had permanently attached to the R6m2 and Canon R10 bodies (they were too difficult to remove quickly). I should be able to easily interchange the PD Cuff and Slide between the two bodies using their anchor links.

I will give the new items a trial run when we head back to South Carolina later this month. I really like my current Black Rapid straps, except for one thing. While the BR straps are easily removed from the camera when using their standard tripod connector, disconnecting the strap from Black Rapid's tripod plate can be cumbersome. The hook on the carabiner gets caught on the tightening ring on the plate and takes some manipulation to get on or off. With the Peak Design setup, I can leave their low profile tripod plates and anchor links permanently attached to each body, and should be able to quickly and easily attach/remove the strap and cuff when needed. I already had two Peak Design tripod plates -- one came with the Capture, and one with the travel tripod I bought last year.
I've used this Peak Design Slide Summit Edition for a number of years. Super easy to remove, just leave the anchors attached. I find it very comfortable. I never really liked the Black Rapid solution.

IMG_1275.jpg

Currently thinking of getting a Peak Design Clutch for when I don't want to use a strap.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Currently thinking of getting a Peak Design Clutch for when I don't want to use a strap.

I was looking at the clutch today, and was disappointed to see that it doesn't use the Peak Design anchor links to attach the top portion of the strap to the camera. Instead, you have to feed the strap through the eyelet of the camera body each time you attach it -- which also means you would have to remove the anchor link from the eyelet if you have one installed. Kind of defeats the purpose of their anchor link system.

I think I will stick with their cuff instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks