What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Five Steps to Danger Blu-ray Review
fivesteptodangertop-1024x554.jpg

A cat-and-mouse thriller turns interestingly into a Cold War espionage tale in Henry S. Kesler’s Five Steps to Danger, a 1957 independent production which is the latest remastered thriller in the Classic Flix line.

[review]

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Thanks for the review. I have always found Sterling Hayden to be a very dull actor and won't be picking this up. Ruth Roman is in a following release - Down Three Dark Streets, which is a much better film.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I hope it's a good one because it is one of my rare pre-orders.

Well it's not super tense or action-packed but it is intelligently written and features one of the very first theatrical-film utterances of the term "CIA," so it carries minor historical significance and is a must-have for fans of Cold War movies.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I admire ClassicFlix and really appreciate what they are doing to bring these films to us in the best possible presentation. I've got about half of their recent output with more to come, but Five Steps to Danger is a film I've never seen. I like Cold War intrigue/thriller themes in general, even when presented in a somewhat melodramatic or even hackneyed way. I would hope this might be at least as good a film as Atomic City for instance. I'll soon find out for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixoci
Recent bookmarks