What's new
World Wide Stereo

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The Focal Solo6 Be studio monitors are the first “pro audio” product I’ve reviewed here on HTF. Why review them? Largely because the folks who perform the surround mix on the movies, music and games we all enjoy are typically doing so on this exact type of speaker.
Ask anyone who professionally records or produces music what they listen on in the studio, and they’ll invariably tell you they use active (powered) studio monitors. There’s a good reason for this, which mostly comes down to the difficulty of finding a powerful, uncolored and affordable amp that works with the specific design of a given speaker. Studio monitors like the Focal Solo6 Be on the other hand, come from the factory with an amplifier built in. This amplifier is typically designed to drive the exact drivers in the monitor, and includes tone controls to let the listener dial in exactly what they are after. Add on the requirement to take a line-level source directly from a mixing board, the ability to effortlessly...

Continue reading...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thanks for this review. I run JBL LSR 305 studio monitors on my desktop system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks