What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Foul Play (1978) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Wow. Never thought the day would come. Had been looking for it years before the Blu-ray was finally released only to find there was no digital code included.
I was happily surprised this morning! It’s always easier for me to look at the new catalog releases by going to VUDU. It’s great because one can search by decade. Then I checked on iTunes and there it was…. Foul Play.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Foul Play is definitely a brand new transfer. Looks great

New transfer or better compression?

It doesn't make sense that Paramount would spend the money to strike a brand-new transfer, a year or two after Blu-ray release, for the digital market.

I'll eventually get the digital when it drops to $5 to see it for myself. Happy to hear it looks great in the digital realm.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If there’s a new transfer, might we get a 4k at some point? I’d like that.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
New transfer or better compression?

It doesn't make sense that Paramount would spend the money to strike a brand-new transfer, a year or two after Blu-ray release, for the digital market.

I'll eventually get the digital when it drops to $5 to see it for myself. Happy to hear it looks great in the digital realm.
I don’t know, but the colors were bright and vivid.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know the reason this film was not available digitally before?
Many films aren’t available digitally because they don’t have a HD scan in which a digital can be derived from as a source. There are also many films that have HD digitals that are derived from older scans previously used for a prior DVD release.

Furthermore, some films like this one simply fall through the cracks because the studios and streaming services are incompetent and/or apathetic when it comes to properly maintaining the digital home video format. They have demonstrated their incompetence/apathy countless times across various film titles. It’s really a sad state of affairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks