What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International Frankenstein: The True Story ('73) on Blu in France - April 27, 2018 (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
A company called Movinside will be releasing the TV two-part movie - the full 180 minute version - this coming April.

The film stars Michael Sarrazin, Leonard Whiting, James Mason, and Jane Seymour

https://movinside.fr/epages/7d42beb...4fc5-a6cf-4d7621b1a7cd/Products/3512392115530

https://www.amazon.fr/Frankenstein-...69630&sr=8-1&keywords=frankenstein+true+story

The price is 19.99 Euros. With delivery, that would come to about $30.

I know a blu-ray was released in Japan in 2015, but I wasn't able to find out anything about the quality (the price would be over $50 delivered).

Does anyone know anything about Movinside? Are they a reputable company? Do they release a quality product?

Obviously, I don't know anything yet about the quality of this release (details about the source, region free/locked, audio options, etc.)

The DVD was released by Universal (who also produced the film). With Universal's recent releases, it is unknown if a domestic release will happen (they have released many of their classic 'monsters', and have some recent catalog releases).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
The main potential thing you'll have to watch out for might be forced (non-removable) French subtitles on the English track. This doesn't happen on every French blu-ray disc, but it happens on enough of them that I'd be afraid to order until I knew more information.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This was one of two 70's tv-movies that I can still vividly remember being scared of as a child. This one gave me nightmares about being pulled up by chains and being struck by lightning.

The other one was Crowhaven Farm. That one also gave me nightmares from that shot with the camera POV of a wooden door being put on a body and then placing stones on it.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The main potential thing you'll have to watch out for might be forced (non-removable) French subtitles on the English track. This doesn't happen on every French blu-ray disc, but it happens on enough of them that I'd be afraid to order until I knew more information.

When you say "forced (non-removable) French subtitles", do you mean there is no menu to turn them off or absolutely no method of turning them off. I ask because to date whenever I have had subtitles automatically turned on, I've always been able to manually turn them off using the remote even if no menu option existed.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
When you say "forced (non-removable) French subtitles", do you mean there is no menu to turn them off or absolutely no method of turning them off. I ask because to date whenever I have had subtitles automatically turned on, I've always been able to manually turn them off using the remote even if no menu option existed.

I'm talking burnt-in or otherwise no method of removing them. France seems to be the one country where this is enough of a problem for us importers to at least be cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks