What's new

Pre-Order Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters 2 (1989) (4k UHD Combo Limited Edition SteelBook Double Feature) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71Kypg1yAfL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Since they are calling this a reprint Does this have all the content that was on that limited set that sold out almost immediately

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Does anyone know what this is? Why is it a limited edition reprint?

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Does anyone know what this is? Why is it a limited edition reprint?

This is a reissue of a SteelBook Sony released in 2019. It's been out of print and now they're bringing it back.

Be advised that the set has four discs, but the case only has two hubs, so discs are stacked on top of each other on both sides. That makes them prone to scratching, and the discs are also very difficult to pry off the hubs without snapping them in half.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
If this has the newer 4K discs with original mixes And Dolby Vision, I'd be interested. No point in this release otherwise.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I've got the steelbook and the trap release with Afterlife. Seems weird that they'd "reprint" this instead of just putting out a normal release. They'll be flooding eBay immediately trying to scam people into thinking it's an original.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Be advised that the set has four discs
The Amazon listing indicates 5 discs, "with never-before-seen special features!" Possibly it contains one of the two bonus discs from the box set? Of course it's also possible the Amazon listing is incorrect. Without a proper press release it's hard to do anything but speculate. Assuming, of course, that any press release is accurate...

I have the box set, so I won't be buying this release, just stopped in to see if it was the re-print those who weren't able to get the box set were hoping for.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think "2" is clearly inferior to the original but it's still moderately entertaining.

2’s biggest problem is that it got dumbed down to be more kid friendly (clearly due to the popularity of “The Real Ghostbusters” animated series)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
2’s biggest problem is that it got dumbed down to be more kid friendly (clearly due to the popularity of “The Real Ghostbusters” animated series)

I thought it was just because there was pressure on all involved more than anything else.

The first movie was such a big hit that they weren't as loose on the 2nd one. There was all that pressure to be the Big Summer Hit - especially given how many other tentpoles came out that summer.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was just because there was pressure on all involved more than anything else.

The first movie was such a big hit that they weren't as loose on the 2nd one. There was all that pressure to be the Big Summer Hit - especially given how many other tentpoles came out that summer.

Maybe that could have been a factor as well but 2 was very toned down as compared to the original. For example all of the swearing and smoking was gone, the plot revolved heavily around slime, the characters of Louis and Janine were made a lot goofier, at least two reference to Nintendo. The original even had a couple of legit scary scenes/bits that were largely absent from 2. This all had to be done because of how popular ghostbusters got with kids and the animated series was a large part of that

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
It looks like they aren't printing enough. We keep hearing about slumping sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autismcoe
Recent bookmarks