What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ghosts (US) (2021) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per TVline

CBS’ Ghosts has 10 episodes (of 22) left to air this season, with the next new one landing on Feb 2.

Past the half way point. I wish they would run the episodes instead of taking breaks so new episodes last until April or May. 22 episodes means 30 or 31 weeks of reruns for a successful show that is not replaced when they run out of fresh episodes.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Description of February 9th episode. I put in spoilers quote for those who want no advanced information about future episodes per TVline. I don't think this is a spoiler but someone else might have a different opinion. Sounds like a good episode.

1674358081656.png

TVLine has an exclusive first look at Tara Reid guest-starring on the hit CBS sitcom, which you can check out above. Reid will play herself in the Feb. 9 episode (8:30/7:30c) — and as you might recall, the American Pie alum was Trevor’s celebrity crush while he was still alive. (He does look a little starstruck in that photo, doesn’t he?)

Laraine Newman (SNL) and Chip Zien (House of Cards) also guest-star as Trevor’s parents Esther and Lenny in the episode, titled “Trevor’s Body.” According to the official plot description, “Trevor receives disturbing news about his parents when they come to Woodstone B&B to collect his newly-found remains.” Elsewhere in the episode, “Isaac and Nigel’s relationship hits a roadblock.”

I wondered why no one wondered what happened to Trevor after his friends dumped his body into a lake after he died ("Trevor's Pants"). I guess we will find out the rest or more of the story with this episode.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
OK follow this. The creators of the British version of Ghosts prior to Ghosts created a show called "Horrible Histories" One of the sketches of this show was called "Stupid Deaths". One of the episodes on the US Ghosts this season was about a program called "Stupid Deaths"
Here is a compilation of Stupid Deaths from "Horrible Histories" Those who know the British "Ghosts" will recognize some people.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And I loved it. Different strokes, I guess.

It also gained the highest overnight rating the show has yet garnered.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I wonder if they could have used the ghost trap to trap the car ghost, Move the car far off the property, then release her in the mansion? Would she just instantly go back to the car, or would she have been able to be stuck in the house with the rest? These are the sort of things I think about when I am bored. LOL

Also, if the trapped ghosts were "killed" by the trap after the countdown, what does that mean? Do they get "sucked-off"?

I got to get a hobby.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Trevor and his parents. This Thursday 2/9/2023.

There are clips of the episode on the CBS "Ghosts" page for anyone interested.
For those who don't know "mishpocha" is a Yiddish word that means an entire family. All the relatives. (I had to look it up.)

Laraine Newman (SNL original cast) guest stars as Esther, Trevor’s mom, and Chip Zein (The Baker in "Into The Woods" OBC) guest stars as Lenny, Trevor’s dad.

1675895523829.png

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Last season's "Trevor's Pants" was one of the season's most outstanding shows, and I expect no less from this one. Can't wait to see it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
"Trevor's Body" was every bit the entertaining episode I hoped it would be: funny, poignant, and with some nice surprises.

Did anyone else think that one of the extras at Trevor's wake looked like Faye Dunaway?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wish they would run the episodes instead of taking breaks so new episodes last until April or May.

I don't think it's just a matter of wanting the season to go through May. That is part of it, but there is also the fact that the production is ongoing throughout the season and they need time to make the episodes. Also this is a larger episode order than the show had last season. So they need more time to make it too. They're probably still working on what we will see a couple months from now.

Grey's Anatomy, which I also watch, takes a single long midseason break in order to be able to run more or less consecutively when it is on. Their final episode of 2021 was on November 10 and they will resume airing on February 23. But the production of the show has continued during that on-air hiatus time so that they could stay ahead of what we are seeing on the air every week.

Ghosts would almost certainly need to do the same airing in blocks thing if CBS wanted to avoid plugging in repeats during the season. Or they could have the season premiere in January. But that would make holiday episodes like Halloween and Christmas more awkward to schedule. I'm happy to have this on all season long even if we occasionally get repeats.

I wonder if they could have used the ghost trap to trap the car ghost, Move the car far off the property, then release her in the mansion?

Good question. But I don't think that would have worked. We've seen that the ghost boundary prohibits the main characters from leaving the grounds. Hetty popped out of Jay's body when she attempted to cross the boundary, and Sam did the same thing to get Thor out of her in the Christmas episode. Because five feet around the car is Jessica's boundary, I think she probably would have popped out of the trap when they tried to take it inside. At least, that would make sense within the setup of the show's previously established rules.

When Jessica was first introduced a few episodes ago, I had a different thought. We know that "our" ghosts are tied to the property, not the house. So if the house ever burned down, they would continue to live on the land. Some of the ghosts have predated the house. But being bound to a car is different. If the car gets totaled, what happens to Jessica? Cars have a MUCH shorter lifespan than eternity.

Also, if the trapped ghosts were "killed" by the trap after the countdown, what does that mean? Do they get "sucked-off"?

This is a little tricky, but I don't think we can automatically assume they would get "sucked off." That seems to be something you have to earn, based on how Sam's mom got to leave after making peace with her last season. I also think the ghosts would be less afraid of the trap if they knew that would happen. It is certainly a possibility, but I think the point is they're scared of it because they don't know. They could get "sucked off" or "go down on us," or maybe they would simply cease to exist at all. The trap is scary to them because they don't know what result it would bring. Therefore, we as the audience don't need to know either. The same thing applies to Jessica, who might get sucked off if her car is totaled, but might not. I think the uncertainty would prevent her from taking action to make that happen.

A friend of mine warned me against such a granular approach to thinking about the show if I want to have the most fun with it, and I think he is right.

I loved this week's episode too. INTO THE WOODS was life-changing for me, so I'm always happy when Chip Zien shows up on something I watch. He was a cherry on top of another great episode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks