What's new

GoldenEar Technology's SuperSat 3s (1 Viewer)

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I've been upgrading my home theater system, and up until now had been using inexpensive Sony speakers for my 5.1 set-up. A friend of mine, who works at a store that specializes in custom stereo and home theater installations, suggested I come in and take a listen to the new satellite speaker they were now featuring, GoldenEar Technology's SuperSat 3.

Now just one of these speakers costs $250, and I probably hadn't spent much more than that on my previous speakers combined. I live in a small apartment and work the second shift, so a lot of my music listening is done late at night, and I have to keep the volume at an appropriate level. As I read some of the reviews online, however, I was struck by the praise for the performance of these speakers at lower volumes. I decided to give them a listen for myself.

I was impressed enough to cough up nearly $1800 for the 5 SuperSat 3 satellite speakers and the 8" ForceField 3 subwoofer to go with them. After having them for a month or so, I can't say that I've been disappointed. As before, I usually listen to them at lower levels, but I'm knocked out by the clarity and detail that had been lacking before. They have a wonderful, natural sound, and I'm hearing things in my music that I hadn't realized I'd been missing. And they sound even better when I do have the chance to crank them up!

Obviously, this is a big recommendation from me. Does anyone else have any experience with these speakers? I'd love to hear some other comments.

- Mark

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You won't find much about Golden Ear speakers since there are a new company. But the founders also helped start Polk and Definitive Technology so they have many, many years of experience designing speakers. They should be very good indeed. Give them a listen and then you tell us what you think .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks