What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Got SUNRISE at last!! (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Being in the UK I've not been able to obtain Sunrise. Some time ago I tried sending the mail-in certificate to Fox but they returned it saying they couldn't supply outside the UK. But....at last I've been able to buy it from the USA thanks to Fox now supplying it as a box set of Studio Classics!! It meant having to get duplicates of two films which I'd already bought (All About Eve and How Green was my Valley) but for $45 it's worth it because I've also now got Gentlemen's Agreement and can probably sell on the two duplicates. Thanks Fox...at long last! Mind you, it's a bit odd to find mail-in certificates in the box set telling purchasers that they can get a free copy of Sunrise!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Exactly the same story Douglas (and I know you mean Sunrise ;) ) ; mine is winging it's way from amazon.ca, who very kindly have honoured a mis-price of $18 CAD including p&p for the box-set. At that price, I won't sell my dupes, I'll give them to friends.

---
So many films, so little time...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely fantastic news indeed

Can't wait for this and will still try to order this
and will let you know when my copy has arrived

:emoji_thumbsup:

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Claes Ljunghorn
mine is winging it's way from amazon.ca, who very kindly have honoured a mis-price of $18 CAD including p&p for the box-set.
Did you receive your box from amazon.ca? A lot of people have trouble with their boxes, because it contains the old DVD-version of "How green was my Valley", but in this case, amazon offers you to send a new box without the need of sending back the old one. Nice service.

Thread about the amazon-problems

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you receive your box from amazon.ca? A lot of people have trouble with their boxes, because it contains the old DVD-version of "How green was my Valley", but in this case, amazon offers you to send a new box without the need of sending back the old one. Nice service.
Not got it yet, and I'm sure it will contain the old version. Still, one of the reasons I use Amazon is their 'nice service' ;)

---
So many films, so little time...

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
this one will come from the BFI
It's true that the BFI did most of the restoration of the film, but the DVD will be released by Eureka. They have already submitted the film to the BBFC, who gave it "U" on the 23rd of september this year - without any cuts being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks