What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Greatest Movie of all Time - TOURNAMENT! (1 Viewer)

lud

Stunt Coordinator
Somewhere where even God say Goodnight...
Real Name
Mark
RULES:
Same basis and concept as for greatest movie characters tournament. I picked up 128 movies. Just vote for your favorites..
Round 1 - first movie with 5 votes moves into next round
Round 2 - first movie with 7 votes moves into next round
Round 3 - first movie with 9 votes moves into next round
Round 4 - first movie with 10 votes moves into next round
1/4 Final - first movie with 11 votes moves into next round(match is not over until one has atleast two more votes)
1/2 Final - first movie with 14 votes moves into next round(match is not over until one has atleast two more votes)
Final - first movie with 15 votes moves into next round(match is not over until one has atleast two more votes)

IMPORTANT:
If ANY of you guys has any suggestion for some movies, please let me know on PM.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So you want people to name a movie?

A tourney would start with a list of subjects in a bracket.

Is there already a bracket or are you trying to get names for the bracket?

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
When I saw your header, I immediately assumed you were talking about this:

o0301045412099542942.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I keep wanting to post in this thread every time it pops up but don't understand the rules. However, since Craig took the plunge, so will I.

Se7en

But I fear this is going nowhere because its too limiting out of the gate. It assumes everyone has seen both of these movies and considers them to be among the greatest of all time.

Last edited:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, I can't speak for others, but I question the veracity of calling this the Greatest Movie of All Time thread if I have to pick between only those two choices to start with. I understand the principle Lud is going for, but only offering a choice between two movies is questionable at best. First, who says those two movies are even close to the greatest movies of all time (I guess Lud does)? Assuming they are, one has to assume we've all seen both of them and can pick between them. Even if everybody has, and does, this still won't work if Lud never shows up.

It seems to me we should start by opening up choices with any movie anyone wants to pick, count those after a certain time limit, then vote again only on those movies that received the most votes, and do that over and over until we're down to two movies. Then have a final vote. That might be interesting.

Restricting choices right out of the gate, or worse funneling them through a gatekeeper, seems like folly. And Lud's absence doesn't inspire me to believe otherwise.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
He picked 128 movies. He didn't list them, and it's his list, so play or don't. Now he's going through the list by pairing two movies against each other at a time. In this round (the first round) the first movie to get five votes moves on and the next pair of movies are put up against each other. It doesn't seem that complicated. It took me about two seconds to figure it out, and I don't have any more info than anyone else.

having said that, it's been ten days, and the OP hasn't returned to say anything...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ROUND 1

Match 1

City of God(2002) vs Se7en(1995)

(-- first movie with 5 votes wins)
He picked 128 movies. He didn't list them, and it's his list, so play or don't. Now he's going through the list by pairing two movies against each other at a time. In this round (the first round) the first movie to get five votes moves on and the next pair of movies are put up against each other. It doesn't seem that complicated. It took me about two seconds to figure it out, and I don't have any more info than anyone else.

having said that, it's been ten days, and the OP hasn't returned to say anything...

But what are the two movies?
All I see is Seven?

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
My top favourite movies of all time in no particular order:

BURMESE HARP (aka HARP OF BURMA)
LA STRADA
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
SOUTH PACIFIC
SEVENTH SEAL
ROCCO AND HIS BROTHERS
JEAN DE FLORETTE / MANON OF THE SPRING
LES ENFANTS DU PARADIS
SHIP OF FOOLS
PONETTE
QUIET FLOWS THE DON (all 3 parts)
LES DIABOLIQUES
STUNT MAN
WEST SIDE STORY
LAST PICTURE SHOW
ZULU
AMERICA,AMERICA
COME AND SEE
MY LIFE AS A DOG

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
But what are the two movies?
All I see is Seven?
Ok Now I see it.

The font with the two movies is black.

I use the black HTF setting so I can't see the two names of the movies.
NOw I see City of God vs Seven.

Jeez.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
He picked 128 movies. He didn't list them, and it's his list, so play or don't.

I don't have a problem with that. But if that's the case, I do have a problem with the title of this thread. In my opinion it shouldn't be "Greatest Movie of all Time" but rather "Greatest Movie of all Time That I Picked."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks