What's new

Has anyone filed a claim with Monster Cable power strips? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
A friend of mine bought a Monster powerstrip surge protector, and Sony receiver, and JVC 32" TV from a nice local A/V store about 2 years ago.

Well after a bad storm recently, her receiver ended up completely messed up as did the tuner on the TV. Most likely lightning.

Note: The receiver just has a cd player plugged into it and the RCA cables from the VCR..that's it...no video switching etc...she doesn't use it much at all..just to watch some VHS movies in stereo mode.

Reading Monster's website, it says her powerstrip gives her "$10,000 worth of protection" against the usual electrical hazards we use these things for.

Of course Monsters site has NO info that I could find telling you what steps are needed to at least ask for a review of the repairs that will be needed to the A/V equipment that was attached to this power strip.

Has anyone here tried to get Monster to pay for legit repairs caused by (possibly) the power strip?

If so, what form needs to be filled out, or is there a phone number to call? Monster is great at hiding this info on their site.

Thanks for any input you all may have.

Alf

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Warranty information can be found at this link Alf, http://www.monstercable.com/warranty/warranty_mp.asp which also includes a phone #. Your friend should understand that everything that was connected had to pass through the protector. So if the cable went into the TV and the TV was hooked up the DVD which was hooked up to the receiver, but the cable never went through the surge protector, you're screwed.

For my take on the Monster warranty see

So how good is that Monster Warranty? You feel luck, punk?

Bosshoag

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Barnard
Warranty information can be found at this link Alf, http://www.monstercable.com/warranty/warranty_mp.asp which also includes a phone #. Your friend should understand that everything that was connected had to pass through the protector. So if the cable went into the TV and the TV was hooked up the DVD which was hooked up to the receiver, but the cable never went through the surge protector, you're screwed.

For my take on the Monster warranty see

So how good is that Monster Warranty? You feel luck, punk?
Good morning Chu, this is exactly what I was looking for on here, but your links aren’t working for me. Can you confirm if they’re still valid or Porto to ally help me figure out how to file a warranty claim with monster surge protectors?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Good morning Chu, this is exactly what I was looking for on here, but your links aren’t working for me. Can you confirm if they’re still valid or Porto to ally help me figure out how to file a warranty claim with monster surge protectors?
Welcome to the forum. That post you quoted is about 19 years old. Also, that member hasn't posted on this forum for about nine years.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A quick Google search came up with this:

"If you need to start a warranty claim for your Monster device, please reach out to Customer Support by emailing [email protected] or calling our support number 866-246-2008. Please allow 7-10 business days to process warranty claims."

The actual warranty info is here.

Bosshoag

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Barnard
A quick Google search came up with this:

"If you need to start a warranty claim for your Monster device, please reach out to Customer Support by emailing [email protected] or calling our support number 866-246-2008. Please allow 7-10 business days to process warranty claims."

The actual warranty info is here.
This looks to be for Monster Lighting products. I have a monster surge protector issue I need to do a warranty claim on. I had trouble finding monster surge protector warranty claim info via the Google machine.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This looks to be for Monster Lighting products. I have a monster surge protector issue I need to do a warranty claim on. I had trouble finding monster surge protector warranty claim info via the Google machine.
From what I saw on Google, the surge suppressors fell under their lighting products for warranty.

Bosshoag

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Barnard
From what I saw on Google, the surge suppressors fell under their lighting products for warranty.
Here’s the response I received:
Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry but this is one of our Monster Store items, which is supported by a different support department. Their support is via email at https://www.monsterstore.com/support

Should you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Steve M.
Monster Customer Service Representative
[email protected]

It turns put that support via email address inst an email address but a link to a website where I’ve previously gone and had no luck receiving support. I’m grasping at straws now trying to get my stereo out back together after a failed monster surge protector destroyed my receiver. Any suggestions are very welcome!!

SajanZayn

Auditioning
Real Name
SajanZayn
Has anyone successfully sought reimbursement from Monster for damages caused by a power surge despite their '$10,000 worth of protection' claim? Looking for guidance on the process – Monster's site lacks clear information. Any experiences or advice appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks