What's new
World Wide Stereo

HD Player used with Non-Hd RPTV???? (1 Viewer)

Dave1

Grip
Real Name
David
Can somebody help me with this question. In the process of upgrading the tv/movie room with a projector, but in the meantime the room has an older Sony RPTV (46") Not HD. Is it worth getting the HXA2 for watching regular DVD's or am I better off waiting until I have the projector? Is it worth it for the upgrade in the sound alone even if I don't get the great picture.

Tks
Dave

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bigtone

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
If it were me, I would wait till I had the projector. I might even throw the extra $$ spent on the HD player at my HT project to help expedite things... Just me though!

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I'm an HD DVD fan and have seriously enjoyed my HD-A1; however, there are new HD DVD players on the horizon and, by the time you get a projector that can show off the HD image quality, that horizon may look even better than it does now. So, I'd be inclined to wait until the rest of your system is ready.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
BTW, if you would decide to start with a HD DVD player first, your picture may immediately be better already (including on the upconverted SD DVDs), because most modern TV sets can visibly display the (much) better horizontal resolution you get.

This is what struck me when I first connected my player to my old set as soon as it arrived.

And yes, several members on this forum posted about the new audio possibilities (especially the lossless compression) being almost reason enough already for them to embrace the new format.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks