What's new
World Wide Stereo

HD, the #1 cause of Male Baldness! Remember the simple, old SDTV days? (1 Viewer)

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
Day 1. With a full head of hair, I one day decide I want to make the plunge into HD! So I jump on the net and look for deals. As I type I notice a few strands of hair on my keyboard, I flick them aside as I continue my self taught HD education.

Day 2 thru 795. I keep looking for a deal on a TV. I have come across a few, but just before I make my purchase I read news of new display technology and decide to wait till it comes out. I sweep away some of my hair that has fallen on the floor around me as I contemplate waiting until Organic LED displays hit the market!!

Day 796. A friends marital loss is my gain, and my gain is a 32" JVC LCD. I look in the mirror and notice NEW hair growth!! Granted, it's all white but it is new! (OK, it's just a single strand, but let that sucker get long enough and use a little dye and I can wrap that thing around my head and have full head of hair...hair being in the singular, not plural).

Day 797. I find I need a tuner for my basic cable. I find I need a tuner for over the air HD. I find that if I want satellite I'll need a receiver as well as a tuner for HD. I find that that little white hair has just fallen.

Day 798. I make the discovery that I'll have to constantly switch video sources between OTA HD and Satellite. I sigh and finish waxing the shiny dome I call my head, then I suddenly feel a tickle in my nose, one of the last body parts I posses that still has any hair, and by analizing the hair that falls out of it, I discover that nose hair can indeed grow over one inch long!!

Day 799 to Present. I spend most of my TV viewing time eating breakfast in my kitchen watching a portable black and white TV. The simplicity is blissfull! Then one day my girlfriend hears the phone ring and in a rush to pick it up, accidentally breaks the antenna...I immediatley feel the tingle of my scrotum going bald as the picture goes to "snow"!!!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John S

Senior HTF Member
The people that knew me would just yell "Just buy a darn TV already!!!" I guess I was more than a little preoccupied with the choice for about 4 months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks