What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help with my New Vizio Soundbar (1 Viewer)

WilliamHg

Stunt Coordinator
Got the Vizio SB3851-D0 5.1 Soundbar recently and have it connected directly to my Sony Blu-ray player via digital coax. I just use it for movies only and use the TV speakers when watching TV.

Problem is when watching TV and I use the TV remote to control the TV volume...the soundbar light turns on even though I did not turn it on and it only happens when I use the TV volume control on the TV remote. I will turn use the soundbar remote to turn it off and it will turn off...until I use the TV remote to adjust the volume then it turns itself back on. Tried hooking to a Samsung Blu-ray Player I also have and it does the same thing.

I called Vizio and they couldn't figure it out either. It's not a real big deal but it has me wondering....everything else about the soundbar seems fine...as far as I can tell so far. Any ideas and is this acceptable? Thanks.

728x90

WilliamHg

Stunt Coordinator
Never hurts to have a close look at the manual. Seems there's an option let the Soundbar remote... control the TV volume too...something along those lines so I turned that off and for some strange reason it fixed it...go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixoci
Recent bookmarks