What's new

How do I terminate a Belden 1505F coaxial cable with Canare RCAP-C42 RCA plug? (2 Viewers)

2Charlie

Auditioning
Real Name
Charlie
I found and old thread on this forum regarding the Belden 1505F coaxial cable. I just ordered the Canare RCAP-C42 RCA plug and it should be here in about a week or two. I don't see that thread mentioned any crimping tool to terminate the cable. This is a one time use so I was wondering what are my options to terminate this cable using the Canare RCAP-C42 RCA plug. If I have to use a crimping tool to make my life easier, what are some cheap ones that I can purchase? I have searched videos on YouTube but found no videos regarding the Belden 1505F coaxial cable with Canare RCAP-C42 RCA plug terminator. Any help is much appreciated.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Do you have a crimping tool for coax/ F connector? I usually just use a good F to RCA adapter. MUCH cheaper than termination tools which I also have.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I actually prefer compression connectors to crimped ones. There is a little wrench type tool you use to compress the connector, which is like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks