What's new

How do I turn the PCB function on in my Malata 520? (1 Viewer)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

When I put a VCD I made on my computer into my Malata 520, it states "PCB off" and therefore can't play it.

But when I put it into a region 1 player that I got at like a Sears-like store, it worked fine. It immediately recognized PCB (whatever this means) and played my home made VCD. Menu worked and everything.

Can anyone help me figure out how to turn the PCB back on in my Malata 520? Thanks.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
According to the manual:

"VCD 2.0 and SVCD discs are both with PBC function (Play Back Control). In defaul status, PBC function is on and you can use MENU button to turn off PBC."

So, try the MENU button.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Johnny,

I have the manual and read this too. I tried it and got no response. When I tried other VCD's I got on say, ebay (homemade ones of TV shows), not only does the VCD work, but I am indeed able to turn on/off the PBC function.

But when I put my VCD in my player, it won't play. It just states "PBC off" and when I press menu, nothing responds.

It just doesn't seem to make sense to me, because it DOES play VCD's and CD-R's.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I just made a couple of Karaoke VCD discs (with Nero) last week and the menus worked fine on the 520. It must be something particular to that disc itself.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm...I don't know Johnny. I've tried about two of three discs in the Malata.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks