What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Amazon Prime I Want You Back (2022)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: I Want You Back (2022)

Tagline: Their exes have moved on. They haven't.

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Jason Orley

Cast: Jenny Slate, Charlie Day, Scott Eastwood, Gina Rodriguez, Manny Jacinto, Clark Backo, Luke David Blumm, Mason Gooding, Dylan Gelula, Isabel May, Pete Davidson, Giselle Torres, Quinn Cooke, Claudia Rocafort, Kysen Acevedo, Jami Gertz, Lauren Halperin, Thy Bui, Braxton Alexander, Betsy Sligh, Franco Castan, Jessi Goei, Saya Watkins, Manny Magnus, Marco Schittone, Polly Craig, Lynne Ashe, Yannis Kitas, Ben McKenzie, Spencer Murrill, Julian Williams, Austin Seifert, Kenneth Rouché, Ava Ann Gale

Release: 2022-02-10

Runtime: 111

Plot: Peter and Emma thought they were on the precipice of life’s biggest moments – marriage, kids, and houses in the suburbs – until their respective partners dumped them. Horrified to learn that the loves of their lives have already moved on, Peter and Emma hatch a hilarious plan to win back their exes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Has anyone else watched I Want You Back yet? Amazon premiered it around Valentine's. Jenny Slate and Charlie Day star as two recently dumped people who decide to help each other win their former partners back.

I watched it yesterday and found it delightful. Full disclosure: I'm predisposed to like Jenny Slate in a romantic comedy, as I think Obvious Child is one of the best ever made.

But even so, this was throughly charming. The cast is great, and while the script celebrates the hallmarks of the romantic comedy, it feels fresh and interesting because things don't happen in exactly the same way as usual. I love a good romantic comedy if it is well written, and this one really hit the sweet spot for me.

I laughed a lot while I was watching this. While I appreciate that Amazon funding it allowed the movie to happen, and I wholeheartedly enjoyed watching it at home, I also thought that it would have been really fun to see as a theatrical release with a responsive audience.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sounds like a movie based on the old Bananarama hit.

If you walk away, you'll regret it someday, please stay.
I want you back, don't care what I have to do, I want you back

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I enjoyed I Want You Back. I laughed all the way thru it. Jenny Slate is good at projecting a range of emotions, essential for an intelligent rom com.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A really enjoyable film; we were not familiar with the cast but they played their roles with intelligence and conviction.
Highly recommended for a good night’s light entertainment

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks