What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

IKEA madness (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
A new Ikea opened up in the Minneapolis area. The wife was hot to trot so we packed up the daughter and went over. Sunday, 2 PM.
I have NEVER seen so many people in any one place at any one time - including the last concert I was at.

Nuts! The way some hotties were dressed, I thought some people were on dates!

(We will be re-doing our entire house, it appears...I need a third job.)

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I don't think it's cheap but inexpensive. It's just plain and functional so it's not expensive.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Coming from a country (Sweden) where pretty much every home is furnished in large part by IKEA, I can't say enough good things about them, and I'm happy that they'll be opening in Phoenix soon. :) OK, I can say one bad thing, that sometimes assembly is a pain. But they make good products!

Thanks for the heads up though, I think I'll be staying away the opening weekend. ;)

The Onion had a funny articdle about the IKEA phenomenon a while ago. I put it on my website (without pictures):
"IKEA Claims Another 10,000 Lifestyles"
http://hometown.aol.com/mickes70/page1.html

:D

/Mike

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wish there were one closer to where I live, but I did take a roadtrip in January to Seattle's. I really had no clue about the size of the place. What a surprise!

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
We don't have them in the South either. We went to one in N.J. 2 years ago when we visited family. If your ever in Miami though go to El Dorado. It's like an amusment park..:)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've been to the big one in Elizabeth, NJ (3% sales tax) the one you can see from Newark Airport over the NJT, however, IKEA just opened up one in Paramus not too long ago. However, I've never been to that one yet.

Agreed, big store, inexpensive stuff. However, not everything is well made, you do have to be a little bit of a detective in there and pick your items wisely. But for the most part, you can find good deals there.

Jay

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Very true.

Agreed that it's also a good place for girl watching, at least that one day and one location I visited :)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

You went to IKEA on a Sunday afternoon? :D :D :D :D :D :D
Only IKEA amateurs go on a Sunday afternoon.

Seriously, Sunday afternoon at IKEA is something else (though here in sunny Wales I've never noticed anyone dressing up for the occasion). We've found the best time to go is when the store first opens on Saturday mornings.

BTW, do the food stores in American IKEAs sell alcohol? If so, try the pear cider; it's amazing stuff.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I don't know if they do, but pear cider is one of my favorite drinks. The only brand I've seen/found locally is Wyder's, made in Canada. Any idea what is sold at the Ikea?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Got me on the cider part - but the lines for Meatballs was out of the diner and into the bedroom furniture. Absolutely stupid that anyone would wait 1 hr for a meatball...

Julio H

Agent

They're pretty decent, actually. As a college student, IKea is perfect for me. Functional and space saving. That being said, I HATE having to assemble the parts myself.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think one can learn Swedish if you spend enough time in one too. :) I like trying to translate some of the names on the tags into English without looking at what the object is.

Jay

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've always found the best time to go is during the week, especially later in the evening. Going at the weekend is for masochists.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The best thing about IKEA, the tea-light candles, 100 for $3. I like candles :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale