What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is it me? I just got Transformers Season 2 part one and... That's not the Transformers theme song! (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Please tell me I just have a bad memory.

I have the Rhino Season one Boxset. Never got a chance to pick up the other sets.

Just saw Season 2 part 1 and figured for under $30 I can't go wrong. Boy was I ever. First heard the music on the menu and thought it was wrong to try to modernize the theme song. and then I heard the opening credits on the first episode.

I know the store won't take take it back because there is no defect but this is unacceptable. We have to raise a stink over this one. I bought this at the same time as 9 Bluray discs. I AM GETTING MY MONEY BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Or have I gone mad and the theme song indeed was changed for season 2... though the music still seems to be there on the closing credits so...

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
You have a bad memory. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 all had different versions of the opening theme.

All of them can be found on youtube.

Rolando

Screenwriter
seriously?

sadly that is great news! Isn't it weid? all of a sudden I am willing to keep them and even happy to have them and re-discover this new theme song. Wow, season 2 has like 60 episodes no? therefore it is likely the themesong that played the most yet I cannot for the life of me place it. I don;t know what is worse. Having it replaced or having it be the original that I don't remember!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Rolando, I do understand where you're coming from. I remember the same confusion when I owned the Rhino releases. (I got rid of them when they were selling on ebay for more than MSRP, so I actually made money on them). I'm looking forward to picking up the Shot Factory sets.

What I discovered when I watched through all the episodes is that I mainly remembered Season 1 stories and the theme music, and had less memory of seasons 2 and 3 (and "4"). I'm not sure why that is, because I know I watched them all.

Rolando

Screenwriter
I wonder if season 1 just got more re-runs or something. So you had the Rhino releases and the season 2 theme song is different from season 1? Have you heard the theme song on the SHout Factory release of season 2 and is it really the same as the Rhino release of season 2?

wow... I am getting old :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
No, I haven't seen the Shout Factory releases yet, but you can probably find the Rhino S2 intro on youtube to do a comparison...just look at one that was posted before july 2009 when the Shout Factory complete set was released.

Besides, at this point if they really had screwed up the intro theme, you'd think there would be a big todo on the internet about it. I spent a few minutes searching and found nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale