What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

It Came From Outer Space: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

FTL

Agent
Real Name
Bill B
Aurora at Once Upon a Screen on IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, currently on sale at Best Buy for $7.99!

https://aurorasginjoint.com/2016/10...it-came-from-outer-space-1953-is-outstanding/
Just received my pre-order yesterday but haven't had time to watch it yet.
As I bought two copies at $9.99 I thought I'd give Best Buy's price match policy a try. A friendly customer service rep there had a little trouble finding the right item on my order, then thought I had ordered only one copy, and finally had a problem with her computer on the sales tax calculation, so she rounded the amount up to $3 per copy and I ended up with a six dollar refund to my credit card.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wow, delivered! Best Buy way-y outdid Warner Bros. (via Barnes and Noble with their three Halloween titles, which really screwed us for some reason),

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
How freaking insane is it that a completely restored 3D movie should only cost you $7.99 on release day? If you want the latest Hollywood superhero movie on 3D blu-ray you have to pay a premium price for that privledge. I pre-ordered mine at $9.99 which will be delivered tomorrow, and you know what? Best Buy can keep the extra $2. I'm not going to haggle with them for a refund. :cheers:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, delivered! Best Buy way-y outdid Warner Bros. (via Barnes and Noble with their three Halloween titles, which really screwed us for some reason),

Or Warner via BBY or Amazon or Deep Discount or pretty much every otehr retailer. One overlapping member on that Venn

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I just called the phone number for Price Match on Best Buy's website:
A very friendly Geek Squad Lady took my call and applied the $2 credit to my card.

With this disc scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow (one day ahead of the release date),
I am very happy with both Best Buy and Universal Pictures (and that Mr. Furmanek guy!).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Another incredible disc with the 3D Archive imprimatur. Much improved over a Film Forum screening I took in years ago. But it's not just the 3D--it's also the outstanding 3.0 stereo sound, which really rocks the room. So good!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This pricing is incredible! I thought it was a steal at $9.99, and now it has to be a no-brainer at $7.99!
I don't have a 3D player or projector but I wanted to support getting these 3D movies out in the format.
I hope everyone on this forum buys a copy!

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Just watched IT!! Congratulations to all involved. A very nice realization of a fine classic. Thanks Universal for trusting others with your chick...and The Archive for doing a sweet job with raising this for us. Nice extras as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks