What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

Jack Reacher UHD Review
JackReacherImage-1024x576.jpg

Based on Lee Child’s exciting character and adapted from the novel One Shot, Jack Reacher is a gripping old-school thriller anchored by a terrific performance from Tom Cruise, a foundation of brilliant filmmaking, and a hard-boiled, gritty feel that the big screen had been sorely missing. Paramount’s UHD is a nice upgrade over the already excellent Blu-ray release.

[review]

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I think the real problem with the Jack Reacher films is that the studio, Paramount, has no idea how to properly market them. This first film had a terrible teaser trailer that ran continously up until just a few weeks before the movie was released after many delays. I remember almost dreading having to sit through this film when Paramount screened it for Home Theater Forum as part of our Hollywood meet that year, a good two months before its theatrical release date, my expectations based on that teaser as well as the last few Tom Cruise movies. When the movie ended, I was pleasantly surprised.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I think the real problem with the Jack Reacher films is that the studio, Paramount, has no idea how to properly market them. This first film had a terrible teaser trailer that ran continously up until just a few weeks before the movie was released after many delays. I remember almost dreading having to sit through this film when Paramount screened it for Home Theater Forum as part of our Hollywood meet that year, a good two months before its theatrical release date, my expectations based on that teaser as well as the last few Tom Cruise movies. When the movie ended, I was pleasantly surprised.

I think you are right. While I believe Paramount has done a better job marketing their properties the past year or so, they had several years where they made significant mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks