What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order King Kong (1976) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Shout Factory's release a few years back had a different cover from the iconic poster of Kong standing on top of the WTC
They did their reversable cover and the towers are there for you if you choose. :)

Kong.jpg

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but someone on one of the other forums pointed out that there's a slight music error on the new UHD.

When Kong attacks the crew trying to cross the ravine, the score should kick in at about 1:13:22 (right on the cut to Jeff Bridges running back toward the log). But it comes in about two or three seconds later, which throws the whole cue out of sync.

It's a minor thing, but it's still kind of frustrating. It's an unnecessary alteration to the film. (It also means that Paramount apparently went into the separate dialogue, music and effects elements to do some remastering, when they could have just used either their existing 5.1 or licensed Shout's cleaned-up version.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I watched my Shout! blu-ray over the weekend and it wasn't really as bad as I'd remembered. FX were pretty decent save for a couple of matte shots and some of the blue screen work (and maybe the snake), but this was the 1970's, so it wasn't bad for that period. Acting was decent and Lange did a pretty good job interacting with the Kong FX, though most of the time she seemed to easily "fall into" Kong's hand when he'd reach for her rather than trying to put up any sort of resistance to him grabbing her.

Shades of Bela Lugosi and the "octopus" in Bride of the Monster. :laugh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks