What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Les Paul - R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
RIP Mr. Paul. I'll buy one in his honor soon. Tobacco burst. Will go to 11. Listen to the sustain on that one.

Godspeed.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I had a Les Paul Standard in Honeyburst but I had to sell it. Really hated parting with it but I had no choice. Maybe someday I can get another.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Tra-la-la, twiddly-dee-dee
There's peace and goodwill
You're welcome as the flowers on the Mockingbird Hill

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Virtually every major guitar player had one of his. I wonder how different music would have sounded without him? Maybe it's better not to even think about it. R.I.P.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
An Austin radio station referred to him as a "rock and roll pioneer" during a newscast today. I called the news reader and suggested that they just change it to "music pioneer".
Then there was Fresh Air on NPR, they ran an old interview on Friday. To plug it they played, "How High The Moon" and then talked over the whole thing. What's the point?
I'm glad to be old enough to remember when Les & Mary had hits on the radio. Now that I've established my fandom, I hope no one will mind if I mention that, inovative as Mr. Paul was, he was NOT the first person to electrify the guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale