What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
After a 44 year wait, the character that premiered in The Amazing Spider-Man no. 210 finally has a film adaptation in Madame Web.

Madame Web (2024)

Released: 14 Feb 2024
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 116 min

Director: S.J. Clarkson
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

Cast: Dakota Johnson, Sydney Sweeney, Isabela Merced
Writer(s): Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless, Claire Parker

Plot: Cassandra Webb is a New York metropolis paramedic who begins to demonstrate signs of clairvoyance. Forced to challenge revelations about her past, she needs to safeguard three young women from a deadly adversary who wants them des...

IMDB rating: 3.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The director, co-writer, and executive producer Clarkson points out that the reference in the film to the “Romita” corporation is an homage to acclaimed Spider-Man artist John Romita, Jr.(!). Really? I mean, she is not wrong, exactly, but brownie points and bragging rights go to the first reader to point out in this thread what the glaring problem is with this observation.

Are you trying to say the homage should have referred to John Romita, Sr.?

I mean, I understand that the elder Romita is more of a legend in the comic field, but JRjr actually worked on more comics that directly influenced this movie - including the aforementioned ASM #210, as well as the early 2000s run that introduced the Ezekiel character.

Wayne Klein

Supporting Actor
Well…not as bad as O thought it would be but still not a good film. On par with “Morbius”. Maybe they should stop trying to build a Spider-Man universe. That hasn’t really worked out for them though “Venom” was pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks