What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Wonder if this will include the big 80's comedies Ruthless People, Outrageous Fortune, and Down & Out in Beverly Hills?
Let's hope. I'm also hoping they will include Lawrence Kasdan's Grand Canyon, his 1990's ensemble dramedy about living in Los Angeles, featuring Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, Steve Martin, Alfre Woodard, Mary McDonnell, and a teenage Jeremy Sisto. This was made at Fox.

It has only appeared on Blu-ray once, licensed out to Anchor Bay in 2012 for about six months, and is selling "new" for $49.99 on Amazon from third parties.

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Drat! Now, I'm going to have to look up what "cromulent" means?
--jthree
1675109924979.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The Selznick films Disney has? Will stick with the KINOS on them - The Farmers Daughter - Since You Went Away - Portrait of Jennie etc

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am PRAYING that this means that the uncut 1973 version of Miracle on 34th street will be released on physical media. In addition, I hope the remaining seasons of The Practice will be released on physical media

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Some more details from the Digital Bits that seem to confirm my earlier guess:

First, this deal does NOT include 4K Ultra HD titles.

This deal also does not include new content, new transfers, or new remasters.

The total number of titles to expect is in the 100-200 range.

These are largely deep catalog tiles only.(Think tiles like: Mystery Alaska, In the Army Now, Transporter 2, Houseguest, etc.)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I know there will be people getting their hopes up that some obscure one season drama from 1957 gets released...

As long as we get The Tracer or The 20th Century Fox Hour I don’t care what else comes out.

Gary “might we get VTTBOTS, or the remaining seasons of The Fall Guy, or an unreleased gem like 12‘O Clock High, Follow the Sun or the original Mickey Mouse Club?” O.

P.S. As I was composing my post Josh dashed my hopes with the Digital Bits update, although I figured that would be the case even before he broke the news.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
So the no "new transfers" would knock out the hopes of some TV shows upgrading to Blu-ray then? Or would something they have an existing HD transfer of not fall into that category?
The Digital Bits announcement also states:

Titles that were previously released on DVD will be re-issued on DVD, and titles previously issued on Blu-ray will be re-released on Blu-ray—there will be no format upgrades.

Bummer...

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I missed Twilight Time's "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing " on Blu Ray. I hope this will happen.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks