What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

TLones1060

Agent
Real Name
Tim Lones
Some years ago I wrote a blog about Cleveland, Ohio Broadcasting History from 2007-2018 with a couple of update posts since. When Sam Nelson first announced plans for the Kickstarter project I wrote a post about it on October 10, 2011. Looking back at it, I decided to make some updates 12 years later..I also added a second TV Guide ad, replaced the Episode 1 YouTube link, along with adding a link to the Amazon page for the Complete Series Release.
(Some of the information from 2011 was true at the time and may have changed over the years)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I only ever bought the first 2 restored seasons. So I could potentially buy this at some point if the price comes down. My only hesitation is that a disc might not work. When you buy a massive set of discs, chances are there will be a bum disc or 2 in the set. It happened to me recently with Mayberry RFD. Luckily, I bought 2 sets and sure enough, the disc was working in the 2nd set. So I was saved. But I'm not buying 2 copies of such a massive set. LOL

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I went ahead and ordered seasons 13 and 14 from Amazon. Both have been shipped, 13 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, then 14 on Wednesday.

I would not be interested in the all in one complete series package. I'm content with buying the individual seasons two at a time as they were released.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Nelsons are my favorite tv family.The Stones/Donna Reed show is a very strong second.3rd place the Douglases/My 3 Sons.If the complete Ozzie and Harriet Nelson series is released on blu ray I will instantly buy it despite the fact I have all 14 seasons on HD digital Amazon/Vudu.

Those are some great TV families, Clark. I would also put the Nelsons at the very top. I'd probably place The Cleavers/LITB at either two or three, along with The Stones/Donna Reed Show.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Haven't posted here in a very long time, but my Season 13 set arrived today and I find myself holding back from watching more than one episode an evening, to make these last two seasons last longer. As a '70s kid I grew up with The Brady Bunch and that series will always be close to my heart, but after discovering O & H about ten years ago it has become my favorite classic TV sitcom. And as I get to the point where I'll have watched all 400+ episodes, I find myself wishing there were at least 400 more. I could never spend enough time in the company of this wonderful family and their various friends and neighbors.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Haven't posted here in a very long time, but my Season 13 set arrived today and I find myself holding back from watching more than one episode an evening, to make these last two seasons last longer. As a '70s kid I grew up with The Brady Bunch and that series will always be close to my heart, but after discovering O & H about ten years ago it has become my favorite classic TV sitcom. And as I get to the point where I'll have watched all 400+ episodes, I find myself wishing there were at least 400 more. I could never spend enough time in the company of this wonderful family and their various friends and neighbors.

Well said, David. I honestly can't think of another TV family I enjoy spending my evenings with more. The relaxation, laughs, and even outright joy watching Ozzie & Harriet bring to me and my wife and daughters isn't surpassed by any other television family. Oh, and I could go for another 400 as well.

Gary "we have truly been blessed to have seen this project come to fruition" O.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I would not be interested in the all in one complete series package. I'm content with buying the individual seasons two at a time as they were released.

Why do you want it as first released, instead of in the all-in-one?

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Ozzie’s Girls!
I wonder if those tapes still exist ? I assume Ozzie probably kept them with the O&H episodes he had stored. David produced that series. In one of the episodes on youtube, David's voice is heard talking to Ozzie off camera during the intro scene telling him spice up his introduction.

Supposedly Ozzie cancelled Ozzie's Girls abruptly because he was told his cancer was terminal.

Speaking of David, I always wonder why he and June divorced. They divorced in early 1975 and he remarried months later after his father's death. Someone posted on another board that David said in private that he did not want the divorce, but June did. It was also implied that she left him quite a while before the paperwork was filed and he had moved back into the Nelson home to help take care of Ozzie as he was dying. David adopted his second wife Yvonne's 3 children by a previous marriage. The daughter Teri was married to Chuck Woolery for about 20 years. He was about the same age as David.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The end is near. I received notification that both season 13 and 14 are to be delivered today (25th). Still can't believe that a 14 season series has been released in such a short period of time and in such wonderful shape. Congrats to MPI and the Nelson family for this truly wonderful gift of a series.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
For anyone interested in the Complete Series set, Deep Discount has it significantly marked down from $260 to $153! Promo code DEEP10 will get you an additional 10% off as well, down to $138. I‘m giving serious thought to doing the double-dip.

I’ve started watching a few of the Season 14 shows. I feel like the addition of color injected some fresh energy into the show!

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I wonder if those tapes still exist ? I assume Ozzie probably kept them with the O&H episodes he had stored. David produced that series. In one of the episodes on youtube, David's voice is heard talking to Ozzie off camera during the intro scene telling him spice up his introduction.

Supposedly Ozzie cancelled Ozzie's Girls abruptly because he was told his cancer was terminal.

Speaking of David, I always wonder why he and June divorced. They divorced in early 1975 and he remarried months later after his father's death. Someone posted on another board that David said in private that he did not want the divorce, but June did. It was also implied that she left him quite a while before the paperwork was filed and he had moved back into the Nelson home to help take care of Ozzie as he was dying. David adopted his second wife Yvonne's 3 children by a previous marriage. The daughter Teri was married to Chuck Woolery for about 20 years. He was about the same age as David.
Sad about David and June. The same about Rick and Kris. Did you ever wonder why the parents of June and Kris were never mentioned on the show. I don't remember them ever being talked about.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I received seasons 13 and 14, both arrived in perfect shape and I must say that the color episodes from season 14 look terrific on the DVD's. There's one black and white episode, titled The Nelsons Revisited, probably a holdover from season 13, but the other season 14 shows are in color. It was good that this series was finished off with color episodes for the final season.

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
For anyone interested in the Complete Series set, Deep Discount has it significantly marked down from $260 to $153! Promo code DEEP10 will get you an additional 10% off as well, down to $138. I‘m giving serious thought to doing the double-dip.

I’ve started watching a few of the Season 14 shows. I feel like the addition of color injected some fresh energy into the show!
As an additional note to this: they are charging $11.99 for shipping due to the weight of the item. That brings the price up to $150 not including tax.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
As an additional note to this: they are charging $11.99 for shipping due to the weight of the item. That brings the price up to $150 not including tax.
It’s still a great deal if you haven’t bought the season sets, or even if you’ve bought a few of them and wish to continue. For the episodes alone, it works out to $10.71 per season, or 35-cents per episode.😀. Not to mention the bonus material.
I’m just hoping they don’t turn around and offer a Blu-ray set a few months after, which is exactly what VEI did with their recent WISEGUY release in 2022.

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Sad about David and June. The same about Rick and Kris. Did you ever wonder why the parents of June and Kris were never mentioned on the show. I don't remember them ever being talked about.
If Kris ever referred to her family she would say something like " My folks own a cabin"...or my sister said etc...she never referred to them by name.

June always kept her Blair name when being credited, but used Nelson for her "character" on the show. She never did remarry after her divorce from David. I have a feeling she liked being independent and did not want a husband to dominate things.

There are only about 4 episodes that feature both Kris & June together and they never speak to each other directly. I always thought that was weird. You would think there would be an episode or two where they are over at each others homes or going shopping etc...I always wondered if they got along in real life. Someone said on another board that when Kris was still living and on facebook, they asked her about June. She said that she hears from her from time to time and still considers her as a good friend. June passed away last year at 90.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks