What's new
World Wide Stereo

Nakamichi Dragon: a real deal Atmos sound bar? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Caveats aside, that may be the kinda system my brother-in-law (w/ WAF considerations, heh) might go for w/ their relatively new, quaint HT setup. Maybe he'll even go looking for that old turntable, LOL -- my young niece (and even the older, 16-yo) gets a real kick out of listening to the old, used copy of Superman: The Movie record he picked up a little while ago even before ever watching the movie, hehheh... and might get around to watching it w/ me this summer perhaps... :P

Only thing is they might want it in a diff, more pastoral/pastel-like (perhaps even daytime countryside, "cloud"/sky themed?) color, haha...

And oh, it doesn't really look like a 2-person job at all... unless you're the (Frasier) Crane boys or something, LOL... which maybe that's a "large" portion of their niche target market, haha... ;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
My step son has a Nakamichi soundbar, sub and surrounds and was very unimpressed with it's performance next to a real HT system with dedicated receiver, powered sub and passive speakers. He upgraded to a real HT system, then I keep helping him upgrade by giving him better speakers and subs.

Eventually he'll get to the point he'll want to spend some bigger money on higher end gear. However, that Nak Soundbar was bottom of the barrel for what he wanted to hear. It was convenient and simple, and why he bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks