What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
On and off watching NCIS on CBS Action most late nights I like the show.

Last nights episode season 3 episode 23 Twilight saw one Gibbs, agents Caitlin, gunned down in sniper shootout. Now he wants payback...

Season 4 episode 1, "NCIS" Kill Ari: Part 1, Ari, still prowling around taking pot shots at the NCIS team.

Tense ending to part 1, with a rifle scope around Dr. Donald, to be continued...
NCIS (TV series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS_%28TV_series%29

So the show is still present with 12th season and no bluray. Maybe CBS is waiting for the day to finish the show and then release the shows in bluray HD1080p.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is one of the few shows on network television that high definition does no favors for. In the early years, it was almost unbearable to watch in high def with orange flesh tones and very, very soft cinematography (all done deliberately to give the show an individual look). Switching to digital photography has helped improve the way the show looks now in HD, but it's still one of the few shows I don't mind owning on DVD since the broadcast HD version isn't that big a step up.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1080p would do the special-ly bad effects no service. You'd think, with three versions on the air they could change the "car explosion flash"...to at least give each show its own effect.Good show though.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Another cracking good NCIS episode from season 2 "Conspiracy Theory" on CBS Action this afternoon.

10344826_10152970306885149_7307259819806513162_n.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0657988/

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Good show, even at this age.Still miss the old shows with Kate, then Ziva. Don't particularly care for the blonde with "spread everything out on the floor" mentality, but the rest of the original cast is great.Somewhat predictable at times, but it has been a lot of years and it keeps on going.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
Good show, even at this age.Still miss the old shows with Kate, then Ziva. Don't particularly care for the blonde with "spread everything out on the floor" mentality, but the rest of the original cast is great.Somewhat predictable at times, but it has been a lot of years and it keeps on going.
Yeah 12 season do you reckon the show go on for 15 season?

Got wait till Monday, evening for "NCIS" Kill Ari: Part 2.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Stan said:
Gibbs FINALLY told her that the floor was for standing on and walking on; use your desk. (I don't remember an exact quote but that's the gist of it)

Gibbs needs to realize that sometimes it takes words and not icy stares to get your point across.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Steve_Pannell said:
Gibbs FINALLY told her that the floor was for standing on and walking on; use your desk. (I don't remember an exact quote but that's the gist of it)

Gibbs needs to realize that sometimes it takes words and not icy stares to get your point across.
Missed that episode. DISH and I are at war right now, so I'm strictly OTA, no DVR at this time, so missing episodes of some of my favorites. I'll have to try and catch that during repeats.

There a few things I never miss. The Good Wife, NCIS, NCIS NO & Grimm. Surprised that one slipped by me. My other guilty pleasure is Madam Secretary. Probably considered kind of a "chick flick power" show, but it's really pretty decent.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Stan said:
Missed that episode. DISH and I are at war right now, so I'm strictly OTA, no DVR at this time, so missing episodes of some of my favorites. I'll have to try and catch that during repeats.

There a few things I never miss. The Good Wife, NCIS, NCIS NO & Grimm. Surprised that one slipped by me. My other guilty pleasure is Madam Secretary. Probably considered kind of a "chick flick power" show, but it's really pretty decent.
FYI, the episode is Season 12, Episode 7 - "The Searchers"

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Steve_Pannell said:
Well, the entire point of that scene (and indeed the episode) was to show that Gibbs was actively letting Bishop get away with it. He wasn't trying to stare her down in hopes she clued in: he was going easy on her out of guilt from losing the two previous agents to sit at that desk.

This season has been very strong. Stand out episodes are the one at the airport ("Grounded") and the one that shows the origins of Gibbs' rules ("House Rules").

NCIS: LA has been strong this season, too.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
NCIS: LA has been strong this season, too.
Early prediction. NCIS: LA gets cancelled or possibly one more season, going the way of CSI Miami and NY.NCIS: NO, pretty decent so will probably be renewed.

It's a never ending franchise, so there will always be some version of it available. Much more of an ensemble show that can spin-off characters or overlap episodes, compared to something like "Castle", which really can't do much without the two lead characters.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Now that NCIS: LA isn't fighting The Blacklist for time slot dominance any more, NCIS: LA should be safe for the foreseeable future. State of Affairs isn't proving much of a rival, so it has only Castle to worry about, and they both seem to be doing okay.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Matt Hough said:
Now that NCIS: LA isn't fighting The Blacklist for time slot dominance any more, NCIS: LA should be safe for the foreseeable future. State of Affairs isn't proving much of a rival, so it has only Castle to worry about, and they both seem to be doing okay.
I agree, plus Monday Night Football is over.
Stan said:
Early prediction. NCIS: LA gets cancelled or possibly one more season, going the way of CSI Miami and NY.NCIS: NO, pretty decent so will probably be renewed.

It's a never ending franchise, so there will always be some version of it available. Much more of an ensemble show that can spin-off characters or overlap episodes, compared to something like "Castle", which really can't do much without the two lead characters.
Matt Hough said:
I agree with Matt on NCIS: LA. Additionally, Monday Night Football is over which will bring viewers in as well.

As for NCIS: NO, in total viewers I believe it is the 2nd highest rated scripted show (behind only the mothership) on TV this year. It will be around for a while.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
On CBS Action tonight 12:05am, Season 4 episode 2, "NCIS" Kill Ari: Part 2

Another good show.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Stan said:
Early prediction. NCIS: LA gets cancelled or possibly one more season, going the way of CSI Miami and NY.

NCIS: LA is a ratings darling in an easy slot (10 pm). It's around for a while.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
After watching tonight's episode (as well as tonight's Person Of Interest), I am totally drained.

Two incredibly intense and shocking hours. I don't know if I can sleep tonight.

This is good, but …

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
David Weicker said:
After watching tonight's episode (as well as tonight's Person Of Interest), I am totally drained.

Two incredibly intense and shocking hours. I don't know if I can sleep tonight.

This is good, but …
Don't watch PoI, but when NCIS was over the wife and I just looked at each other and went, "wow, that was intense." It was also really funny earlier in the episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I know she was used for comic relief a good bit of the time, but I have to admit as shocked as I was to see her gunned down, I also wasn't all that sorry to lose the character because she had become increasingly shrill and overbearing the past couple of years, so much so that I didn't enjoy seeing her turn up in an episode.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I didn't particularly like her character either.

It was more the bringing up the 'Kate scene' that got me (which I immediately recognized as soon as I saw the rooftop). That, and Jimmy's reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks