What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need some help troubleshooting my Harmony Elite. (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I'm having an issue with my Harmony Elite and Hub. Our internet router stopped working and needed to be replaced. After connecting the new router and getting back online I noticed that the light on the Harmony hub is red. I went into the app on my computer and followed the wizard for setting up the hub and for some reason the software won't find it. If I connect the remote via the supplied USB cable my computer doesn't seem to detect it. The remote works but I'm not able sync or make changes. Any ideas?

I have also tried resetting the hub using both the reset button on the back and doing a hard reset by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

728x90

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Have you tried the mobile app? If you use Mac, the current computer app doesn't work with hub based remotes and you have to use the mobile app.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I have not tried the mobile app, I suppose I can give that a try. I'm using a windows 10 computer.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I was able to get everything working using my phone but for some reason I'm still having an issue using the software on my HTPC. For some reason my PC isn't seeing the hub or remote. I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can get the remote to sync using my PC software. Not sure if this makes any difference or not, but my PC is hardwired to the internet using a LAN cable and the remote is connected to my wifi.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How the computer app always worked is, you have to connect the remote to the computer and have the hub in the same vicinity. For example, one of my Elites is on the other side of the house, so I had to move it in the room with the computer in order to make changes.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I am all up and running now. Seems moving the hub closer to the computer did the trick, thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, the stupid thing is it can't update the hub through the network. The remote has to be plugged into the computer while it communicates with the hub wirelessly, and they have to be close to each other.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
A minor headache for an otherwise fantastic remote. It's been so long since I've wanted to reconfigure anything, and the remote works so well I forgot how to use it. Appreciate you getting me down the right path.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks