What's new
World Wide Stereo

New center speaker not working with ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

jxreynol

Auditioning
Real Name
JP Reynolds
I have an Onkyo receiver TX-NR535, which is a few years old. The receiver is connected to four ceiling speakers. I added a center speaker, but it will not work with the four other speakers. When I turn off the center speaker under Setup - Speaker Configuration - the others work and vice versa. I need step by step directions to turn all five speakers on. Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I assume you have everything set up correctly in the menu.

Why do you believe they are not all working together? I ask because when you have a center speaker, you will only hear the other speakers during programming with surround sound. If you’re watching a mono source, only the center channel will be active.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Have you run AccuEQ? If so, were all speakers detected? If they were you can be sure the problem is pretty much as Wayne described.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There are so many variables here, and we have nearly zero information. What is your source material? How are the existing speakers connected? What surround mode is being used? I could go on.

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
It sounds like you need bookshelves and or tower speakers in addition to the ceiling speakers. Just a FYI in case you don't know ceiling speakers are Intended for Dolby atmos and dts x.

I trust this is helpful 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks