What's new

Newbie looking for your experienced opinion. (1 Viewer)

Raul1794

Auditioning
Real Name
Raul Morales
Hello everyone, I just moved into my first house from an apartment and want to ditch the soundbar and start with a 3.1 system. My living room is quite open with 12 feet ceilings. Currently I own a 75 inch TCL r635 tv. Ive done some research and have come up with the following set up.

AVR: Sony STRDN1080
Klipsch RP 280f towers
Klipsch RP 450c
SVS PB 1000

The plan is to stay under the 2500 usd budget for this 3.1 starting system. I eventually want to turn it into a 5.2.2 and move from the living room into a dedicated room. What do you guys think about this starting setup? Any recommendation or changes you would make? Thank you.

SmCaudata

Agent
Real Name
TJ
The AVR looks to get good reviews. I can't find info on more than 2 channels driven, but with Klipsch sensitivity you probably won't have issues. You mention 5.2.2 but I couldn't tell if this AVR actually does separate sub channels or if it if just splitting the one LFE line. I suspect the latter, but I don't think you'll find anything else in this price range that will do separate. Dennon x2700h gives you newer tech and seems to get great reviews for a bit more.

All in all you got a lot of bang for the buck there. especially with the "special buy" price of the RP 280f at Crutchfield right now.

The SVS 1000 probably won't fill your space with 12ft ceiling and being open. You could look at the HSU research VTF-2 MK5 or the Monolith Ultra 12 for a bit more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks