What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Although it’s had to think of it now, but there was a time when the works of Cornell Woolrich were prime material for film adaptation. Best known today through Alfred Hitchcock’s adaptation of Rear Window (1954), some of the more notable film adaptations of his novels and stories include The Leopard Man (1943), Phantom Lady (1944), Black Angel (1946), The Window (1949) and The Bride Wore Black (1968). One of the more unusual adaptations of his works was Night Has a Thousand Eyes; released by Paramount, Kino has licensed the film from Universal (the current rights...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the review. I was pleased to have this disc in my collection because I like the film and both Gail Russell and Edward G.

Anyone who finds the film intriguing should try to see the 1934 movie The Clairvoyant, starring Claude Rains, which has exactly the same opening premise of a low grade performer with a phony mind reading act suddenly discovering that he can genuinely see the future.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Based on this review I did a blind buy on Night Has a Thousand Eyes. I like the Twilight Zone-like premise, and I'm a fan of Edward G. Robinson.

night.jpeg
clairvoyant.jpeg
clair.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks