What's new
World Wide Stereo

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've got enough Universal points for 19 movies. I've only redeemed 16 movies total, dating back to December 2020.

Even with their promised "expanded" selection in June, I doubt they'll offer 19 "must have" selections, so I'll take a few fliers this month.
This month was pretty pathetic. Most of these titles I have never heard of, and Backdraft 2 was one of the worst movies I have had to review.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This month was pretty pathetic. Most of these titles I have never heard of, and Backdraft 2 was one of the worst movies I have had to review.
Agreed. I have over 11,000 points, but the only movie in this month's list that I like is Antz, and I already have that in my digital library. I would rather lose the points that have any of the other selections cluttering up my digital library.

Hopefully the expanded list for June will offer enough selections so I can use up my points.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DMI HOT REWARD -- May 8, 2024 Noon ET

Star Wars: #TheAcolyte Teaser #2 Poster - HOT REWARD 850pts

440938677_986761196144005_7086511076549723449_n.jpg

So far May 4th has been pretty much empty on all the possible slots. Many people were hoping for the TPM Anniversary Poster though officially that date still 10 days away. The ROTJ Annivesary cam out pretty close to the official Theatrical Release Date

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
DMI HOT REWARD -- May 8, 2024 Noon ET

0527812f-9698-476e-901d-a44510e3ce0b.jpg

So far May 4th has been pretty much empty on all the possible slots. Many people were hoping for the TPM Anniversary Poster though officially that date still 10 days away. The ROTJ Annivesary cam out pretty close to the official Theatrical Release Date

You mean this TPM poster?

For the nearly-24-hour marathon I attended over the weekend, they gave out a surprisingly high quality, heavy card stock w/ nicely embossed gold lettering, wide version of that specifically for the marathon (w/ the marathon indicated/listed across the dark/black bottom area). It measures 22x28" w/ ships (in the sky/space) and racing pods (at ground level) along the expanded sides. :cool:

I'm no fan of TPM, but that wide version poster is certainly quite nice (though wish it's actually for the OT instead, heh). They also gave out a more typical 13x19" poster of Outlaws at the marathon.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It should be similar except full sized 27x40 and double sided to match Matt Ferguson's ESB and ROTJ Anniversary Posters. At least I think it was released as a full sized poster. Most of the online version I see are the slightly smaller version.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I checked and Disney does not appear to be giving rewards points for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes tickets. I thought they might because they have done this before with 20th Century Not Fox releases that aren't rated R. Apes is PG-13 and seems about the same as a standard Marvel movie in terms of its violence level. But I don't see any mention of points for it on the site.

I guess I'll get my next points for Inside Out 2 next month.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I checked and Disney does not appear to be giving rewards points for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes tickets. I thought they might because they have done this before with 20th Century Not Fox releases that aren't rated R. Apes is PG-13 and seems about the same as a standard Marvel movie in terms of its violence level. But I don't see any mention of points for it on the site.

I guess I'll get my next points for Inside Out 2 next month.

That's a bit of a bummer.

Actually, I hadn't been paying attention, but I haven't been getting rewards points for any of my movie-going in some time -- they should be automatic since I always use Fandango and my account is (still) linked.

For instance, did/do they give rewards for the theatrical rereleases of various Star Wars movies? I didn't get any points for my Star Wars marathon last weekend.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's a bit of a bummer.

Actually, I hadn't been paying attention, but I haven't been getting rewards points for any of my movie-going in some time -- they should be automatic since I always use Fandango and my account is (still) linked.

For instance, did/do they give rewards for the theatrical rereleases of various Star Wars movies? I didn't get any points for my Star Wars marathon last weekend.

_Man_
The automatic points thing has been hit or miss for a couple years. I don't think mine has worked since 2020 maybe -- some update broke it and I've never gotten it to work again. Install/Uninstall, Reload, Cookie Clears, link/unlink, nothing helped.

I don't think any of the recent SW counted anyway. 100% sure on TPM and assume that also affected the others

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The automatic points thing has been hit or miss for a couple years. I don't think mine has worked since 2020 maybe -- some update broke it and I've never gotten it to work again. Install/Uninstall, Reload, Cookie Clears, link/unlink, nothing helped.

I don't think any of the recent SW counted anyway. 100% sure on TPM and assume that also affected the others
They usually promote which movies they are awarding points for (and for how long) on the DMI website.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Seems like the last time it worked automatically for me was probably for The Marvels in mid-Nov. Not sure what else as I see "movie submission" points added 3x (once w/ double points) around a couple days from that time -- actually, maybe some are for disc codes(?), but not sure. Definitely didn't get anything for The Abyss: SE theatrical re-release.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks