What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official STAR WARS Saga Discussion Thread: Part 5 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I bought it. (It’s for the kids!)

View attachment 220315
too bad they don't make this anymore, it would have been a great combination:
1713795313714.png

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Ah, the spring and summer of 1999. I drank all kinds of disgusting flavors of Snapple (gotta get all of the different bottles with Watto on them) and the even more hideous Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew and *shudder* Pepsi One to get all 24 different characters on the Pepsi cans. I never did get the gold Yoda chase can though. :laugh:
I was living in Japan at the time, where Pepsi attached custom bottle caps (each in the shape of a classic or Episode 1 character) in little packages (so you couldn't see inside) to Pepsi bottles. I spent my evenings prowling one convenience store after another and buying up obscene amounts of Pepsi. Probably drank nothing but Pepsi for a couple months.

Never did get all the characters, but have a decent selection, including unfortunately multiples of the dull Episode 1 aliens like the Trade Federation guys, Boss Nass, and Watto.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Some of the Episode 1 fast food promotional items (U.S.) were interesting. I know other countries had their own exclusive collectibles.

I do remember getting some of the Cup Toppers ATT - though don't know they are now.

I'm fairly certain that at least some SW fans gained some weight & probably had to visit the dentist (more than usual) due to all of the excessive amounts of fast food & soda consumed in Summer '99 - LOL:

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don’t doubt that Ahsoka will come to 4k/Blu-ray, but this guy’s track record isn’t great. Also, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul are not in the show.

A while back he posted artwork of the Obi-Wan series that is not the artwork on the steelbook coming out next week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Some of the Episode 1 fast food promotional items (U.S.) were interesting. I know other countries had their own exclusive collectibles.

I do remember getting some of the Cup Toppers ATT - though don't know they are now.

I'm fairly certain that at least some SW fans gained some weight & probably had to visit the dentist (more than usual) due to all of the excessive amounts of fast food & soda consumed in Summer '99 - LOL:

I've still got my R2-D2 from (I think) KFC sitting on my kitchen counter. I probably haven't used it in 24 years but every place I've lived since 1999, I've had that R2 in the corner.

All that Pepsi in 1999 was bad for my health but 2005 was much worse for me because that year, 7-11 had Star Wars cups for Slurpees and I had one every day from May until probably September. And I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean I had a 32 oz (or whatever size the large is) Coke Slurpee every day for more than 100 days. I was in there every day so one of the employees started to recognize me and I had to rotate going to other 7-11s in the area. :laugh:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I've still got my R2-D2 from (I think) KFC sitting on my kitchen counter. I probably haven't used it in 24 years but every place I've lived since 1999, I've had that R2 in the corner.

All that Pepsi in 1999 was bad for my health but 2005 was much worse for me because that year, 7-11 had Star Wars cups for Slurpees and I had one every day from May until probably September. And I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean I had a 32 oz (or whatever size the large is) Coke Slurpee every day for more than 100 days. I was in there every day so one of the employees started to recognize me and I had to rotate going to other 7-11s in the area. :laugh:
Why for 100 days? Were there 100 different cup designs? Or did you get points for Star Wars merch or something?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I've got Sphero's R2D2 and BB-8 myself... though haven't really touched them in a few years now and not completely sure if they still work -- might need their rechargeable batteries refreshed, if possible.

Also, hadn't realized Sphero apparently removed/disabled(?) their dedicated iOS app (at least for R2D2?)... though there's a workaround(?) for Android -- their more generic app apparently still supports their R2D2, but not full function...

_Man_

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
TBS Star Wars Marathon Schedule

Saturday, May 4th – May the 4th Be With You on TBS

Sunday, May 5th – Revenge of the 5th on TBS

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
For anyone seeing the nine-movie marathon theatrically on Friday/Saturday, I salute you.

I’m going but I have no expectations of making it to the end. I’d really like to see the prequels on the big screen again and I felt the ticket price was worth that alone. From that point on, I’ll stick around until I feel like heading out. Might be after Empire, since I saw Return of the Jedi a couple times in theaters last year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’m going but I have no expectations of making it to the end. I’d really like to see the prequels on the big screen again and I felt the ticket price was worth that alone. From that point on, I’ll stick around until I feel like heading out. Might be after Empire, since I saw Return of the Jedi a couple times in theaters last year.
I'd make it through the prequels (probably about 2 or 3 AM?) but after that, I'd inevitably fall asleep when the OT was on and those are my faves.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'd make it through the prequels (probably about 2 or 3 AM?) but after that, I'd inevitably fall asleep when the OT was on and those are my faves.

Yeah I think the 8pm start time is a bit late.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I think the 8pm start time is a bit late.
Yeah, it's tough for the theaters because they want to make it accessible to people with 9 to 5 jobs so the earliest they could do is probably 7 PM but, in my mind, they should have started it at 10 or 11 AM on Saturday and have it end at dawn on Sunday morning.

Is your screening sold out? The one closest to me is sold out with the good seats being gone in the first day & a half and even the waaaaaay too close seats and too far to the side seats sold out in about a week.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Man, I just checked E-bay to see if I should sell my Ewoks 2 movie DVD. It is basically worthless.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, it's tough for the theaters because they want to make it accessible to people with 9 to 5 jobs so the earliest they could do is probably 7 PM but, in my mind, they should have started it at 10 or 11 AM on Saturday and have it end at dawn on Sunday morning.

Is your screening sold out? The one closest to me is sold out with the good seats being gone in the first day & a half and even the waaaaaay too close seats and too far to the side seats sold out in about a week.

It’s sold out but seats sporadically pop up and then it sells out again. I upgraded from a way too close seat to a reasonably decent one and I’ll keep my eye out until the last minute to see if something better comes along. For all of their faults, AMC at least makes ticket exchanges/returns easy.

I think nine movies in a row is gonna be way too much for me and I’ll quit early rather than forcing myself through it the moment it starts feeling like a chore. First three should be fun, and anything I can get of the original trilogy will be a bonus.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
What I really wish I could see would be a marathon of the 3D conversions of the prequels. I’ve only seen the Phantom Menace one back in 2012, but haven’t made it to any of the celebration conventions where they’ve shown the other two. I’m always tempted but I don’t think I’m a big enough fan to justify the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks