What's new
World Wide Stereo

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
So much has transpired with the 2017 line-up of OLED TVs. We now have the choice of Sony or LG and most importantly Dolby Vision support has been added to the dynamic frame by frame tone mapping of HDR10 and HLG HDR.

A very big shoutout to LGE engineers and management to include the 2016 OLED series in the Dolby Vision update! I love companies that have the culture to continue support and enhancements for previous generations whenever possible.

At Value Electronics we've been blazing the new trail of calibrating HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR to peak the performance of our beloved UHD, HDR, 10-bit, rec.2020 color gamut all following the new EOTF curve to accurately deliver every detail that our new UHD/HDR TV System offers.

OLED future looks brighter than ever ( get it brighter :) ) with LG Display's new OLED panel production plant in Guangzhou, China that is now scheduled to begin production of ultra large OLED panels for Q1 2020. This new OLED fabrication plant will have the ability to produce panels larger than 100" diagonal. And as needed the new flexible OLED displays we've seen as prototypes for the past year or so will now be a reality.

Thanks to all at LGD and LGE to have the guts, foresight and determination to advance emissive display technology!

By the end of next month I'll be launching our OLED fine art gallery exhibition that will dazzle the art community and video enthusiasts around the world.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Not as well as the 2017 models. I was referring to LG commitment to upgrade 2016 OLED and SUHD TVs to be Dolby Vision capable. But as you correctly pointed out we do not have the same calibration ability for Dolby Vision HDR calibration as we do for the current series.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
So much has transpired with the 2017 line-up of OLED TVs. We now have the choice of Sony or LG and most importantly Dolby Vision support has been added to the dynamic frame by frame tone mapping of HDR10 and HLG HDR.

A very big shoutout to LGE engineers and management to include the 2016 OLED series in the Dolby Vision update! I love companies that have the culture to continue support and enhancements for previous generations whenever possible.

At Value Electronics we've been blazing the new trail of calibrating HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR to peak the performance of our beloved UHD, HDR, 10-bit, rec.2020 color gamut all following the new EOTF curve to accurately deliver every detail that our new UHD/HDR TV System offers.

OLED future looks brighter than ever ( get it brighter :) ) with LG Display's new OLED panel production plant in Guangzhou, China that is now scheduled to begin production of ultra large OLED panels for Q1 2020. This new OLED fabrication plant will have the ability to produce panels larger than 100" diagonal. And as needed the new flexible OLED displays we've seen as prototypes for the past year or so will now be a reality.

Thanks to all at LGD and LGE to have the guts, foresight and determination to advance emissive display technology!

By the end of next month I'll be launching our OLED fine art gallery exhibition that will dazzle the art community and video enthusiasts around the world.

Very cool. I'm still a few years from uhd upgrading but I am interested in the oled technology and development.

Glad I'm waiting for the technology to improve. Both screens as well as uhd blu ray players.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I understand and also wish the TV manufacturers would have continued supporting 3D. I just purchased the last of the C6, E6 and G6 OLED TVs.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's the updates on LG's and Sony's price moves on OLED TVs.

Let's get the bad news out of the way first:

LG OLED TVs:
- LG's Black Friday promotional prices for the 55" and 65" B7 are gone forever. Today's best buy is in the C7P series that have maintained the lowest prices of the year.

Here's the good news:

LG's OLED TVs:
- As stated above LG has maintained the Black Friday prices on the C7P series and the 77" G7 and even the W7 are enjoying a strong and steady sales pace with their new lower selling prices.

Sony's A1E series OLED TVs:
- 1st, Sony has also decided to maintain the Black Friday promotion on 55" and 65" A1E series OLED at $2499 and $3499 respectfully. With some authorized dealers offering additional incentives this has become a good choice for may video enthusiasts.

- 2nd, beginning today, Sunday, December 3 and until further notice Sony is reducing the "SURE" price on the stunning 77" A1E to $12,999, and again with select authorized dealer incentives this beauty is expected to sell to a wider market base.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Today I tested a new video wall scaler/controller with three portrait mounted 55" B7A OLED TVs to make a 100" 16:9 aspect ratio display. Here's a quick pic to show off the project.

tn_1200_0cf401fcce870112ac9db203e8367c68.jpg.png

This makes a 100" OLED TV at a moderate price.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Holding out for 2019 to purchase a 60-65" lg oled. Waiting for price drops and the 007 films on uhd blu ray!

I'll have to pick up a uhd blu ray player as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks