What's new
World Wide Stereo

Onkyo TX-NR696 questions... (1 Viewer)

never-enough

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Just set it up & I noticed all 3 presets for the equalizer are all flat across the board. DO folks normally just leave it alone or adjust manually? If you adjust, what are your settings? It's a 7.1 system w/1 sub.

Also, when playing music from my thumb drive via the rear USB port, I noticed that I can only randomize the play of songs in 1 folder at a time. Is there a way to set it to play all songs on the entire drive in random order?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Just set it up & I noticed all 3 presets for the equalizer are all flat across the board. DO folks normally just leave it alone or adjust manually? If you adjust, what are your settings? It's a 7.1 system w/1 sub.

Also, when playing music from my thumb drive via the rear USB port, I noticed that I can only randomize the play of songs in 1 folder at a time. Is there a way to set it to play all songs on the entire drive in random order?
Hi Tom, and welcome to HTF!

The EQ on receivers isn't often touched, because it doesn't really do much good. Did you run the built in room correction routine? Once you've done that, if you're still dissatisfied with the sound, you can add a small bass boost or treble boost in the equalizer - but this isn't often done.

Regarding USB playback, sorry, I don't know much about that but would guess it's a limitation.

never-enough

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Hi Tom, and welcome to HTF!

The EQ on receivers isn't often touched, because it doesn't really do much good. Did you run the built in room correction routine? Once you've done that, if you're still dissatisfied with the sound, you can add a small bass boost or treble boost in the equalizer - but this isn't often done.

Regarding USB playback, sorry, I don't know much about that but would guess it's a limitation.
Did all that

Sunpacy

Auditioning
Real Name
Hernan Justo
I own a Onkyo TX-NR696 receiver and for some reason take up to a minute to change devices if watching cable box want to switch to DVD if the machine still on take up to a minute if not I need to shut down the Receiver and re start it so the change of the device happen. I contacted Onkyo never answer back, I call them on the phone, the Customer Rep new very little made me re set the machine but didn't work. I had the same problem with my Pioneer receiver so I bought the Onkyo then I found out are the same product different brand but same company same product so I have the same issue i tried factory reset, a tried different settings I tried buying a full new set of HDMI cables high speed when I change the cables it work perfect for 10 minutes i have plug a Blu ray Machine, A cable Box, an Apple TV, a Mac Mini Computer, and a DVD-R also I have a VHS and Laser Disc but those go via DVD-R different inputs. all the devices are connected to the receiver via HDMI and the connection with the 55" Sharp TV is also HDMI If anyone have any idea why this happen and know how to fix it or can guide me Thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks