What's new

Onkyo TX-SR805 Memory Loss Issue (1 Viewer)

Tralis

Grip
Real Name
Dab Brill
I have had my Onyko TX-SR805 since 2008 and it is one of my most beloved possessions. Over the years it's developed a few quirks, like changing to Pure Audio mode when the physical power button is hit instead of turning off (thankfully if commanded by remote it shuts down perfectly). None of these quirks have really interfered with usage much.

Recently a new quirk a appeared that's less harmless. Whenever the receiver looses power it loses all of it settings. This has never happened before. In the past I have moved apartments several times, the receiver had been disconnected from electricity for days, and when plugged in everything was still programmed correctly. Now I can't turn off power to the power strip without having to set up the receiver's settings again. This is a big deal because even when "off" it pulls quite a lot of power unless I cut off power to the power strip.

I've googled to see if anyone's had this problem and can't find anything. Does anyone know where to start to fix my beloved receiver? Is there some little watch battery I can swap out or something like that?

Mike Guarino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Guarino
I've got the same problem with mine. It's never stored settings since I've had it. I've been looking for information online on and off for a couple years. I can't find anything useful either. From what I can tell it's not a battery backup on this unit. At one point I read there was a firmware update but I can't be sure it fixes the problem. I lose power often where I live so this is very frustrating. I could just put a UPS on it I suppose but that is just a bandaid. I'd love to hear if someone has any ideas on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks