What's new
World Wide Stereo

Philips HT Remote (1 Viewer)

Pkarm

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hello I have a Philips 5.1 home theater and I am trying to connect to my internet via wireless. I have a small issue, the remote that came with the system does not seem to have all of the necessary characters to enter the passwords, primarily the # character. Now I suppose the quickest fix is change the network password but then I need to change around 15 devices vs 1. Is there another solution or do I just not connect the player to the internet.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I would check to see if your Philips HTIB allows you to sign in using WPS, then check if your router has this feature and if so, is it turned on. I usually have WPS turned off on my routers, as it is potentially unsafe, except when I'm adding a printer to my network.

Pkarm

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I would check to see if your Philips HTIB allows you to sign in using WPS, then check if your router has this feature and if so, is it turned on. I usually have WPS turned off on my routers, as it is potentially unsafe, except when I'm adding a printer to my network.
Thanks for the suggestion, what I ended up doing I remembered I had an extender laying in a box somewhere, I dug it out set up, made a different password from the main just connected to that and that fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks