What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Oscar®-nominated in 1961 for Best Actress, Best Director, Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, PSYCHO stars Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates and Janet Leigh as Marion Crane and has become a cultural phenomenon. The iconic film was named number one on the AFI’s 100 Years…100 Thrills list and features one of the most iconic scenes in film history – the famous “shower scene.”
Best Supporting Actress for Janet Leigh. The five Best Actress contenders were Melina Mercouri, Shirley MacLaine, Greer Garson, Deborah Kerr, and winner Elizabeth Taylor.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Extended view of Marion undressing while Norman views through the peephole (starts taking her bra off), Norman washing blood off his hands at the sink is longer, extra stabs as Arbogast falls down the stairs.

As a matter of fact, he was born in 1949.

And he literally wrote the book on this film, and is apparently in the process of writing another.
Great film - ruined Anthony Perkins career because he was so good in this film

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Now let’s discuss the aspect ratio…

😉
The title was released so many times hard to believe that not at least one was the correct version with all the footage screams etc in it this title is lok OZ GWTW etc always being re-issued

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
The title was released so many times hard to believe that not at least one was the correct version with all the footage screams etc in it this title is lok OZ GWTW etc always being re-issued

The German Turbine release from 2019 is (most likely) correct, though it's taken from the older HD master, which is honestly not that bad.

But it's also only available in the big, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink box set that I'm pretty sure is out of print now.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Seems to me Arbogast's "awwww" is right where it should be in this 7 year old post of the German version. I don't understand why it's even being debated.

great post

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
There are some weird digital artifacts on the 4K that aren't on the Blu. Needs a new encode? Maybe next year.
When I'm on the verge of deciding to upgrade something, someone will appear finding some fault on the new 4k disc. :D
When you say "weird digital artifacts"?
Do you have the capability of presenting a couple of screenshots?

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I don't. Others were the ones who noticed. It's around the 11-12 minute mark. Blu isn't affected but 4K is. They said they were minor but still annoying to them. I was on the verge of upgrading myself and shouldn't have done any research!

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
I don't. Others were the ones who noticed. It's around the 11-12 minute mark. Blu isn't affected but 4K is. They said they were minor but still annoying to them. I was on the verge of upgrading myself and shouldn't have done any research!
If you haven't witnessed the phenomenon yourself, it would have been better to say "Someone has mentioned to me that ..." The way you posted your original message, it reads as if you *personally* have seen the alleged artifacts. Seeing that post, which gives absolutely no details of the extent of the artifacts (severity, duration, etc.), merely serves to stoke FUD. It's entirely possible that the artifacts were a glitch in playback that could not be repeated--which is not at all uncommon with digital media.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks