What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Spider-Mondays - Now thru June 2024 (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I saw a poster for this at my local Regal today.

"See the entire live-action Spider-Man series on Mondays from April 15 through June 3. Watch the trilogy that started it all with Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man. Then, get a different take on the web-slinger with Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man films. And relive the epic moment when they all came together in Tom Holland’s Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Each Monday starting April 15, we’ll play another entry in the Spider-Man franchise, until you’ve had the chance to see all 8 movies."

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This appears to be a national promotion. I know Cinemark is doing it as well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They've been doing pretty well, with the first three Maguire films coming in #2 or #3 over the past three Mondays on only 466 screens. We'll see how Garfield does next week.

1714526334149.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They've been doing pretty well, with the first three Maguire films coming in #2 or #3 over the past three Mondays on only 466 screens.
That is impressive for catalog re-releases. The marketing costs on this appear to be very minimal, so whatever they get is basically free money for Sony.

We'll see how Garfield does next week.
If they were playing at my closest theater, which they aren't, I would probably go to The Amazing Spider-Man but not its sequel.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Garfield not quite keeping up with Maguire. Amazing Spider-Man around $510K yesterday. Maguire's trilogy was generally $700-800K each on Mondays.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazing Spider-Man around $510K yesterday.
My guess is that reflects the fact that Garfield's solo films just aren't as well-liked as Maguire's. Garfield himself is terrific in the role and he's great. But he can only work with the material he is given. No Way Home gave him by far the best material of his Spider-Man career.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks