What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

REVIEW: "Red Green: Duct Tape Forever" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
So, when is this coming out in the US?
No idea. I'm guessing it would have come out theatrically by now so you're talking about a DVD release.

TVA Films is now distributed by Lions Gate so it might already be out on DVD there otherwise you might just have to import it from Canada.

I doubt that a better (widescreen) release will materialize.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
According to an interview with Steve Smith, the film is set to air on PBS and the DVDs issued as free gifts during a pledge-drive.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
There you have it. It'll be on PBS for you Americans. As for the DVD, I'd assume it would be the same one pressed and released up here in Canada but you never know.

And on that note.. time for school

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Oh, well. I may try to catch it on PBS, even with the pledge breaks. I would think they'd release it down here, though, as the show does have its own little niche. I hope so.

Thanks for the info.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Hey, just thought I'd bump this back up. I saw a copy of this film at the local Best Buy for $20.99. On the back, it said "16:9 widescreen." Is this a new edition, or is it just mislabeled? Didn't catch the video label, but I'll try to look at it again.

Just curious if anyone knew what the deal was here.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
According to Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846) there appears to have been a US release by Acorn Media on April 23 2003 which according to the specs listed at Amazon is Widescreen.
A quick check of the Canadian TVA release shows no mention of 16:9 widescreen anywhere on the package. Perhaps the US release is Anamorphic or it might be a simple misprint.
EDIT : Upon further reading on that page a comment in the reviews section mentions the transfer is 4:3 letterbox only. Still if it's widescreen at all that's an improvement over the Canadian release.
Sorry I couldn't help more.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Ok bumping an **old** thread.. This film, based on the very popular Canadian sketch comedy show, has AFAIK only ever been released on DVD (and VHS). The Canadian release was in full screen only and the U.S. release, by Acorn Media, was 4:3 letterbox only..
Was wondering if anyone around here might have a line on any new/recent plans to finally bring this to Blu ray, or atleast knows if it is available in HD anywhere online (I have searched across a number of platforms but have yet to find it)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks