What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

RIP - Jon Polito (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Just read that Jon Polito has passed at the age of 65. He was always a great character actor and he appeared in (nearly) countless films. I always enjoyed his performances and he will be missed.

- Walter.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Fuck. 2016 is really giving us the high-hat.

Boss Phil Bartoli in Michael Mann's Crime Story:

"...Bye, Phil."

The very definition of a "Hey, I love that guy!!"-actor. Brought the goods even to minor roles, and always elevated the material. His opening monologue in Miller's Crossing is an all-timer.

Shit on me! Shit on me!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just read that Jon Polito has passed at the age of 65. He was always a great character actor and he appeared in (nearly) countless films. I always enjoyed his performances and he will be missed.

- Walter.
Besides the Coen films, I remember him fondly from TV series such as Crime Story and Homicide: Life on the Street.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also was Danny Devito's brother in a great epidode of It's Not Always Sunny in Philadelphia

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Definitely one of those "Oh I remember him" prolific, talented character actors. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Regards,

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, just remembered that -- very interestingly -- the character of Gideon in the original Crow graphic novel was actually based on Jon Polito, so he was then cast as that same character when they made the movie version.

How freaking cool is that? Evidently James O'Barr was a huge fan of Polito years before the Brandon Lee movie was even a glint in a movie studio's eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks