What's new

RIP Robert Forster (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's hard to know where to begin for this great actor. His career started in 1967, acting alongside Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor in John Huston's Reflections in a Golden Eye. His final performance debuted today in both theaters and on Netflix: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie.

He was one of the best supporting actors in the business. There's too many great roles to name. A few that particularly stood out to me personally: Max Cherry, the bail bondsman in Jackie Brown; the title character's father in another Elmore Leonard adaptation, " Karen Sisco"; George Clooney's father-in-law, whose placid surface masks the fury simmering just underneath, in The Descendants; and Frank Truman, brother of Harry Truman, on the recent revival of "Twin Peaks".

The cause of death was brain cancer.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Very sad news. Always liked Robert Forster in everything I've seen him in, just a rock-solid presence. Remember him also in such genre fare as Goliath Awaits and Alligator. Great that he had a late career resurgence thanks to Quentin Tarantino casting him in Jackie Brown.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sorry to hear this. Anyone who knew his work respected him for it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Robert Forster was a great actor, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Really sad to hear this, one of my favorite actors. Grew up with him watching the Black Hole and was glad he got a career resurgence in Jackie Brown.

Reactions: PMF

MattHR

Screenwriter
His performance in Jackie Brown is one of the all-time greats. Such a powerful presence in the most understated way. He was a true master in the less-is-more method of acting. He will be missed and remembered.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The object of Taylor's and Brando's lust as he rides bareback and buck naked in Reflections: what a debut!
And of course, Jackie Brown, T's best film!
RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.