What's new

RIP Ronnie Corbett (1 Viewer)

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
For folks who are into British TV there was very sad news today as it was announced that a beloved giant of comedy, Ronnie Corbett, had passed away. For several decades he brought much wonderful joy and happiness, certainly into my life, if not thousands ( possibly millions ) of others. I wish the world had had more of his kind - he will be deeply missed. Gold bless you Mr Corbett. Deepest condolences to his family, friends and fans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35934024

Regards,

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Even in the wake of this sad news, the mere mention of Ronnie Corbett's name brings a smile to my face - a name so synonymous with joy and laughter.

Ronnie Barker's parting words at the end of every Two Ronnies episode seem a little more poignant:

"...and it's goodnight from him."

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, having lost Garry Shandling, Patty Duke, and now Ronnie Corbett in just this past week, has shattered a huge chunk of my youthful memories! :(

By all accounts, Ronnie was a very kind, down to earth gentleman, husband, and father! He was also incredibly funny in a most endearing, affable manner!

It was as his brow beaten Timothy Lumsden in the long running British Sitcom, SORRY! (1981-88) that I remember him best!

My condolences to the almost Sir Ronald Corbett's family and friends! May he Rest in Peace!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
OK, having lost Garry Shandling, Patty Duke, and now Ronnie Corbett in just this past week, has shattered a huge chunk of my youthful memories! :(

By all accounts, Ronnie was a very kind, down to earth gentleman, husband, and father! He was also incredibly funny in a most endearing, affable manner!

It was as his brow beaten Timothy Lumsden in the long running British Sitcom, SORRY! (1981-88) that I remember him best!

My condolences to the almost Sir Ronald Corbett's family and friends! May he Rest in Peace!

I discovered him in the sorry series about 8 years ago. Picked up all of the series on DVD. Great show and so funny!
Sad news! He will be missed!!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I discovered him in the sorry series about 8 years ago. Picked up all of the series on DVD. Great show and so funny!
Sad news! He will be missed!!

I loved that sketch, and is strangely relevant to me, in that I was just having some difficulty with an Apple iPod nano, until it was apparently charged up enough to actually display the Battery charging symbol! :D

My earliest exposure to Ronnie Corbett was via SORRY! near the dawn of the 1990s. On one of my Chicago visits, my brother and his wife would tape some of these from television. Initially, I only got to see a few Series 1 episodes, though I have seen them all since, a lot of them via Vision TV towards the late '90s. A bit before that, Vision also aired some of Ronnie's SMALL TALK game show series episodes, which I also enjoyed!

I'm embarrassed to say that I've seen very little of his celebrated "Two Ronnies" pairing with his great friend Ronnie Barker, though I'm certainly well aware of them!

As I type this, I find myself recalling people that I was blessed enough to have known in my life who have also passed on, especially my aforementioned brother and his wife, who was like a sister to me! I really miss them both!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks