What's new

Samsung remote with Samsung TV is slow to communicate with TV (1 Viewer)

movie_buff

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
The Samsung remote that came with the 5yr old 65" Samsung TV is constantly giving us headaches not communication with the TV. Sometimes I have to push the On or Off button multiple times to get the TV to turn on or turn off. I've changed batteries multiple times with no change in behaviour. Has the remote gone bad or is the receiver on the TV bad? This remote doesn't interact with any other devices, just the TV.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Samsung remote that came with the 5yr old 65" Samsung TV is constantly giving us headaches not communication with the TV. Sometimes I have to push the On or Off button multiple times to get the TV to turn on or turn off. I've changed batteries multiple times with no change in behaviour. Has the remote gone bad or is the receiver on the TV bad? This remote doesn't interact with any other devices, just the TV.
Easiest way to figure out which is to pick up a replacement remote (with a good return policy) or a universal remote. If the replacement or universal remote works flawlessly, then it was the original remote. If it is still giving you issues, then it is likely the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.